Main Menu

extended swingarms

Started by Justin, February 25, 2009, 01:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Every motorcycle that I see on the roads, and everything posted for sale on craigslist has an extended swingarm.
I know why they are doing it, but also have no idea WHY they are doing it.

Welcome to the south, I guess.

jlavallee

You think the south is bad just go to a bike night in north Ohio. When I lived near Cleveland I saw things that confused me as to if I should laugh, cry or be angry.

One really cool guy was telling me how "bad" his custom GSXR1000 was and that I should chrome mine out like his and get with it. He had, like everyone else, a chromed frame, extended swingarm, custom chrome wheels, one front brake rotor, nitrous, spike bar ends/pegs/mirrors, custom paint etc... Oh yeah, 2 inch chicken strips.

He was cool though because he didn't wear a helmet (they were for fags) or gloves but he did wear a bullet proof vest. So cool.  ::)

These winners were a dime a dozen in Cleveland. I shit you not.

Hog Honey

Quote from: jlavallee on February 25, 2009, 02:14:42 AM
. Oh yeah, 2 inch chicken strips.

That's one of the first things Justino told me about when I got my bike! Those darn "chicken strips".  I may still have a few, but not as many as my husband has on his bike :)

dmh2000

dave

n10sive

maybe they do this:

Widow Maker

see Hawkeye Hillbilly :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

SPL

Cmon guys not all of us stretched bikes dont race on the track. Give us a break. ;D
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

Justin

A DRAGON

I really like that cliver Kick Stand. It must be a bitch to carry with you. I wonder if they come with rear wheel steering also. Like the new GMC trucks?
Jossie Whales would call that a Missouri Boat Ride.   That thing would probably give you  a BUCK and then a Chuck.  The mother of all High sides.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

how about polishing all the aluminum, then mounting a bunch of video/ DVD monitors all over it.......Yea...Big Pimp'n

Kasatka

This thread makes me physically ill. At least it was only a gixxer that he butchered.   :P

stimacsays

My 900 Ninja adjusts from 64 to 72" wheel base. SWEAT!!
Done Widowmaker in 04, 05, and 06. Never made it over.

Sorry. This photo is from Billings 07 I did make it over this one. ;D I think I can load video?

cobra23

ahhhh....

That would soil my shorts........

dam.

stimacsays

Yah, thats kinda the point! :D

Justin

I'll ski down it without an issue.  I won't walk down OR Ride up.  You're crazy (but I like you)