Main Menu

Classic Japanese Motorcycle show July 26-27 Auburn CA

Started by RichVee4, July 21, 2014, 08:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Thought I would post this up in case anyone is interested.  The annual CJMC is being held this weekend at the fairgrounds in Auburn CA.  I have gone once before and it is a nice mix of classic bikes and vendors selling old parts/manuals/misc (similar to a swap meet)  Its fun to see plus its FREE!

Monica and I are planning to go Sunday. Slight chance I wont be able to go but will post up if we cant.

This year the featured bike is the Honda Interceptor <89 :) Reason enough to go.  If I go I will trailer my 86 Interceptor (RC24) down and enter it in the show, who knows.

http://www.cjmc.org/news.html
Live long and prosper \V/

rg500nut

2 strokes always...............

RichVee4

Great show  about 100 bikes.  Show was indoor this year which is nice since Auburn in July is hot.  Show attracts some nicely restored bikes mostly CA and NV and overall a very friendly group of people.    Popular categories were classics mid 60's to mid 80's, some cool bobblers/cafĂ© racers, enduros and customs.   Bikes were judged by peoples choice and my 86 received 1st out of four interceptors.  Since interceptors were the signature bike this year I was hoping it would be a better showing.

Talked with the owner of the RG500, second pic,  its a two stroke, square 4 cylinder motor, twin crank.  crazy, he sold it before the show for 18k ouch!

The fouth pic is of my friends CB400ss which won 1st in its class.

RichVee4

RichVee4

cobra23

Dammit !! I wanted to go ..except...

I was working on my classic Japanese motorcycle all weekend!!!    >:(

Mel

Cool pics Rich!! Looks like you had fun for sure!

Mel

slmoto

Nice pics and congratulations on your award. I wanted to make it but to be honest I was looking forward to a lazy day of doing nothing, and I've done a great job at achieving that.

GreenMachine

Pretty cool there Rich!  I had no idea you were going to enter as well. 

So many clean classics.  I bet most of those other classic bikes don't get ridden as much as yours.  And you received some recognition for you efforts too.  Awesome!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.