Main Menu

Open Roll Call for July 1st group ride 8:00 AM start

Started by GreenMachine, June 29, 2012, 10:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I don't think it representative of a "good ride" having to ride through road construction and gravel roads.  What's the point!

Downieville was scheduled for Sunday, but I think it better if we select some other ride.  Post up where you'd like to go and we'll see if we can come to a consensus.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

I'm in for Sunday, you all can select the location for the ride.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

650rkaw

sparkygixxer

I'll just be doing Monitor most likely Sun.  But all depends on the night of work I'll have immediately prior.

Ps I think I saw Alberto's will be having Jazz at La Vecchia's after 6 pm Sun and would love to have a drink and appetizers while having bike chit chat  ;D

Quinn808

I know the downieville area very well. If you go through portola to grey eagle and up around a few lakes beautiful windy road you drop down right into the main road past the road construction and then you can continue to downieville on all new paved roads. Still a good ride i would like to go.

288RR

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on June 29, 2012, 12:06:40 PM
Monitor -> Ebbets -> Sonora
Okay, that sounds like the most popular choice, so EARLY start tomorrow.  It's July and our schedule reflects the hotter and longer days.

South ride means starting in Carson City at 8:00AM, instead of Reno.  Therefore the Reno crew will need to be started at 7:00 AM if we're to do VC.  But again, the true start for everyone will be CC at 8:00 AM.  

7:00 AM Reno crew will meet at the Longley and S. Virginia Street Chevron.  
8:00 AM Carson riders will be joined by the Reno crew at the Topsy lane Starbucks.

Before we head out this time, please remind me, if I forget, to take a moment to get everyone on the same page; where we'll fuel up, where we'll be stopping, etc...  Let's have a good ride where everyone feels like they're on the same page.  That was my fault last time.   :angel
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Here's a proposed route for Sunday, but we'll declare the official route in the morning in CC. Looks to be about 280 miles for CC riders and ~380 miles for Reno riders.  According to the map, their will be fuel in CC, then again in Topaz at ~120 miles, Sonora, and on the way home in Topaz/Gardnerville depending on your bike's tank range.

<MAP>

dr1150

I have a range of about 100 miles, should I not go on this
ride?
If you think I can make it with this range, then I will meet in
Carson.
Please advise
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

That shouldn't be a problem. 

Everyone should be aware of their fuel status and range at all times. 
100 miles is plenty of miles to see you through to the next gas station. 
Don't expect there to be fuel available in Markleeville, we'll be taking it to Topaz Lake Chevron instead.

dr1150

empty the pot of luck."

288RR

I was up in markleeville today. And there gas station was  open today. But I'm not sure about tomorrow.   
There is road construction just south of topaz. But the road is paved. And one way for a mile.

n10sive

WARNING!!!

DO NOT take 395 South of Topaz. There are 30 minute delays for construction there. The road is completely torn down to dirt while they widen and straighten it around the lake south of the bug station. I would just double back Monitor from Markleeville.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

288RR

Quote from: n10sive on June 30, 2012, 09:14:41 PM
WARNING!!!

DO NOT take 395 South of Topaz. There are 30 minute delays for construction there. The road is completely torn down to dirt while they widen and straighten it around the lake south of the bug station. I would just double back Monitor from Markleeville.

I just road it today. There is a delay.  But it is paved