Main Menu

Thinking about doing ice house in a bit (8/12/11)

Started by Tahoebrian5, August 12, 2011, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

okay, it's 11:17 and work is boring me... I'm in tahoe city and thinking about heading down 50, to ice house/ wentworth and back. If anyone is game let me know.. I'll hang out for about an hour before I start gearing up.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

So how was the ride?  You never posted back to rub it in our faces.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Ok, was the worst ride ever hence my lack of response. Fisrt off I hit a huge traffic jam going into tahoe city, after ten minutes I decided to change my route and go 28 to kingsbury grade. So turned around and then got stuck in the carnelian bay boat show traffic (gotta love tahoe!). Got through that and had a good ride to south lake. Got to kingsbury and it was one lane due to road construction. For some reason my lack of patience was getting to me so I turned around again after about ten minutes intending on going down 50 to VC and mt rose... that's when I got pulled over for speeding and realized that I didn't have my insurance or registration paperwork with me... So then I headed back to incline, stopped at the bar for exactly 2 coors lights, and called it a day.

Moral of the story... friday mid day in tahoe is not to be considered mid week! Also the good thing about not having your insurance card is usually they will drop your speeding and just cite you for the insurance. Assuming you actually have insurance they will drop it at court.

GreenMachine

I'm surprised nobody asked this of you yet:

Now that you have your first trackday behind you, how did it feel riding the street?

p.s. sorry about your ticket.  If you would have waited for me to ride with you, I could have prevented that.  :angel

Tahoebrian5