Main Menu

Sunday 08/29 ride Roll Call *CANCELED* due to rain showers

Started by GreenMachine, August 24, 2010, 10:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Update 08/29. It is currently raining on parts of our ride route and I'm going to list this ride as canceled.  :rainday

Another proposed change.  The scheduled ride is up to Lake Almanor, but many of us would rather go to Mosquito Ridge down by Auburn.

We'll be asking for two preferences, departure time and proposed route.  We're considering moving the normal August start time back 30 minutes due to the forecast severe drop in morning temp this Sunday of 50*.

So part A, departure time preference:
A) 8:00 AM normal departure
B) 8:30 AM delayed departure

Part B, proposed route:
1) Reno, Sierraville, Downieville, Nevada City, Auburn, Foresthill, Georgetown, WWS, Kyburz, LT, CC, Reno <route>
2) Reno, Sierraville, Downieville, Nevada City, Auburn, Foresthill, Auburn, Reno <route>
3) Reno, Auburn, Foresthill, Auburn, Georgetown, WWS, Kyburz, LT, CC, VC hwy, Reno <route>
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

sparkygixxer

YES  ;D

glad I could help

A DRAGON

I like to depart at (A)

Route (C) but that's just me. I'm open to it all. Just want to swim a little bit too if we can. ;D ;D

Thanks for asking GM ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

ps
so I got a GoPro from JP, but would like to mount it a bit higher than what it is now...GM, do you have some time of extension to raise it.  I have it on my tank looking at the tach and speedo, but needs to be higher to look down to get rid of the sun glare and see the tach better.  Let me know.

dub

I have to work this Sunday. It's the trade off for getting last Saturday off to come to the track.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

n10sive

Quote from: dub on August 25, 2010, 09:41:05 AM
I have to work this Sunday. It's the trade off for getting last Saturday off to come to the track.

I wish I had your job because I wouldn't call being in a boat all day a job LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

Well, to be fair, I'm not on the boat ALL day. I also spend large chunks of the day sitting on the pier staring out at the lake. :D

A DRAGON

I thought you said you were at work >:( >:( >:(

I'm going up on Friday for a family day.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Bigcat

A1 looks good to me. Would rather not slab-it all the way to Auburn on 80 if I can avoid it.

GreenMachine

Quote from: sparkygixxer on August 25, 2010, 12:14:08 AM
ps
so I got a GoPro from JP, but would like to mount it a bit higher than what it is now...GM, do you have some time of extension to raise it.  I have it on my tank looking at the tach and speedo, but needs to be higher to look down to get rid of the sun glare and see the tach better.  Let me know.
Sorry, no.  The one I have has all the connection arms already attached.  It's good enough for the one camera, but if you need to raise yours, you'll have to fabricate something...and we all know you're really good at that!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Tomorrow is going to be nice and cool.  Fall could be right around the corner.  Let's meet at Starbucks and see which way the wind takes us. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Alright 8:00AM it is.  It doesn't look good out there tonight, but unless there's precipitation, I'll be there in the morning.  Hopefully on time for a change.

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 28, 2010, 05:16:45 PM... Fall could be right around the corner...

Nah, just a little weather visiting us from the Gulf of Alaska.  It'l be back up to 90* before you know it.

GreenMachine

Update 08/29. It is currently raining on parts of our ride route and I'm going to list this ride as canceled.  Showers are expected in Reno later and riding in rain is just a messy cleanup job and not really that fun anyway.

Here's the current weather map.

A DRAGON

That's a good Call. I'll meet at Starbucks and let everyone know.   ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750