Main Menu

Saturday 7/4 Ride

Started by wills, July 03, 2009, 12:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills

Since my son and I will be heading to Yosemite  Sunday on the Connie, I wanted to take the little squirt out for a ride Saturday. I was going to head up Mt. Rose to Tahoe, down the east side to 50 to Icehouse, then on Wentworth Springs to 49, cross I-80 to 20, back up to I-80 and home. Anyone is welcome to come along, meet at the Chevron on S Virginia and Longley @ 9:30?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

I really shouldn't, because I just did the 49 run yesterday...but okay, I'm in.   ::)  If it wasn't for the fact that I need to scrub the new rear tire in I'd probably be doing house chores that day.  I'll have the digital camera, so maybe we can find a suitable action shot area for pics and movie takes.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

OK will meet at the Chevron @9:30. Is Yuba pass still slippery from the latest asphalt job?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Hwy 49 between Sattley and Bassetts has had tar slurry put over it.  I was a little timid yesterday going over it, because A) I didn't know when they did it and how slippery it would be and B) there's little tar sand grains broken up across the road.  Overall, it's much better than that gooey sealer, which means I was able to drive faster.  Other than that it looks like they've swept the road surface and left sand intermittently in the center channel of the West bound lane. 

I had a kickarss time yesterday!  ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Next time we need to find a location for taking some shots, one that my zoom lens can take advantage of and rattle off 20 or so pics.  Next time.  Today's pics here.  Great riding with y'all again.  Everyone road very maturely.   ;D

wills

Hey Ben...he's calling us old! :P A good bunch of hooligans out acting like hooligans.
I think Ben found a new road!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

bebasallo

Had a great time. Awesome ride. That route will be on my list. Thanks to Wills(making me laugh- pretending to ride a bicycle every time he sees bicycle rider going up the mountain) :D, GreenMachine (great pictures-specially those green bikes) and Bill (Mexican food). Spence, we might be old but we can spell RODE ;D ::)

GreenMachine

Oh brodda! 

Be nice or I'll Photoshop in some boobs.  Big ones!

XIII

Seems like you guys had fun and I missed out. It's been a while since I rode Icehouse.