Main Menu

Spoilers Everywhere. GP Catalunya

Started by ChrisM, June 15, 2009, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisM

Fck.

So I was at Laguna Seca last year for the race and it was a belter.

I won't draw a comparison, others who saw it can.

But here are my 2 cents.

Rossi hasn't been the "Fastest" rider the last couple years.  Casey, sometimes Danni, and recently Jorge have been the fastest rider on circuit.
At the craft of racing a motorcycle, He's still in a different league.  What he lacks in sheer laptimes, he makes up in balls.

The last 2 laps were nuts, sure, but for me the highlight was a few laps from the finish.  I can't remember the lap number, but the corner was this one:

Rossi is coming in, committing to his turn, knee out and on the brakes.  Jorge comes by, clearly out braking Rossi.  Except, Rossi releases the brake, stands the bike backup, tucks his knee in so as to not hit Jorge, and brakes it in even later. 

Thats balls.  Your being outbroke, get it turned in and get out early, maybe take him on the next turn.  OR, f*ck, release the brakes, go in even deeper then the guy out braking you, almost clip your knee on his tail coming around the outside, and somehow make it stick.

As much as it can be lame to be a rossi fan boy, at times it's an honor to watch him race.

</endmancrush>

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

jlavallee

Yep, you can see these days that he hasn't got the flair of old but the man is still the master. Watching Laguna and Indy last year along with Sunday's race you have to accept that when it comes down to pure will, there is a reason he's been 8 times a champ with only Ago higher in total wins.

rick07r6

just got around to watching this race on my dvr and hooly crap. that was an amazing finish. he definitely has some guts.

Justin

MotoPutz

That was the beginning of the next to last lap. The last few laps where amazing to watch!!!!

Justin

The double pass he's talking about was well before.  maybe 6 laps to go.  It was televised from an overhead camera.  Jorge comes close to him approaching turn one and over takes on the inside. He looks to have at least a 1 bike lead.  They both set up for the corner with there right knees off the bike.  Jorge appears to throw it in reverse as Vale streaks past.  Vale had to retuck his knee to avoid dislocating his hip on Lorenzo's parked motorcycle.  It was awesome.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Justino on June 16, 2009, 10:04:24 AM
The double pass he's talking about was well before.  maybe 6 laps to go.

lies!!! I will find it on youtube again, I found it to show my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZYcxkbV-8&feature=related

shep

Quote from: Justino on June 15, 2009, 11:11:02 PM
Experience is everything (almost)

What's that old expression: "Old age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill every time!"
Ride with immaculate sanity.

Justin

Quote from: Putz on June 16, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: Justino on June 16, 2009, 10:04:24 AM
The double pass he's talking about was well before.  maybe 6 laps to go.

lies!!! I will find it on youtube again, I found it to show my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZYcxkbV-8&feature=related
Your wife is a lovely person, quit tellin' her stories.

Yard Sale

I've been watching pro racing for 20 years and I've never seen an outbraker re-passed under the brakes like that.

Justin

Luke,
You're right, second to last lap. I beg your pardon.  

Justin

Quote from: Yard Sale on June 16, 2009, 11:15:08 AM
I've been watching pro racing for 20 years and I've never seen an outbraker re-passed under the brakes like that.
It just comes across as "a choice" for Rossi.  When he decides, he will simply pull in front. Period.

n10sive

definitely breath taking to watch. Lorenzo is definitely one to watch for the future of MotoGP. Kid has some major cajones to battle Rossi like that.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

ChrisM

thanks for the link.  that footage makes me pee in my pants a little.