Main Menu

*Canceled* - 2015 SSA Fecta, Saturday 07/11

Started by GreenMachine, July 06, 2015, 03:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

THIS RIDE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

All SSA rides in one day!

South Route start 15 minutes prior to dawn (5:45 AM), thus 5:30 AM.  Sunset is at 8:30 PM, so we'll need to keep hustling to get it all in.  Something to thing about: we've never finished before dark.

There's no ride again scheduled for the following weekend (07/19) and I'm on the fence about this one, because we as a group have already done so many big rides this year, it's hard to fathom doing the SSA Fecta ride as well.

What's driving me, yet again, is the fact that this weekend's weather is forecast to be in the low 80s for the Sierras, where we'll be spending most of our riding time.  And it's the last big ride we have scheduled.  The next closest thing is the Three Passes ride, which while big, pales by comparison.

If there's more interest in doing something shorter, I'd still be okay with that.  Thanks to you guys, it's been a really great riding season already.  And the following weekend, SL and I will be riding hwy 1 to Paso Robels.   I'm looking forward to doing that too.

For those who don't know what the SSA Fecta is or its history, I've reposted last year's post.  If you're new to riding, this isn't for you.  If you're into doing the next-to-impossible and something that many have attempted and few have completed, this is the big one.

Saturday 06/14/2014 *** MORE INFO IN POSTS BELOW ***
Meet up is at the Maverick Country Store gas station (hwy 341 & the roundabout).

We depart Maverik as soon as all the posted riders show up or 5:15 AM
(sunrise is 5:31 AM), whichever comes first.

If we're going to do it, might as well do it while the weather isn't too hot (forecast for 90̊ in the lower foothills), 80̊ for Reno, morning low is suppose to be 51̊.  

For those who don't know what this ride is, I'll give a brief history.  There once was a ride referred to as the Tri-Fecta, taking in Yuba, La Porte & Buck's Lake (three passes).  I don't recall ever hearing of anyone who attempted that ride and it was thought to be an insane amount of riding to do for one day anyway.  

Along comes TahoeBrian5 and his long rides.  He was interested in the Tri-Fecta, but comes up with the idea of the Fecta, all the SSA rides in one day.   Now that would be insane!!!  Less VC & the truck route, that ride was accomplished in 2011 by the following SSA members:

1) TahoeBrian5
2) SparkyGixxer
3) BigCat
4) GreenMachine

To our credit however, the last two passes in the Tri-Fecta were done in laps.   It was a very long day, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.  Epic!

It's a quest ride that requires stamina, a love for riding, a good riding pace, an adventurous attitude, and willpower.  

The ride starts near dawn, should cover over 600 miles and completes sometime around or after dusk.  Meet up is at the Maverick gas station (hwy 341 & the roundabout). Yes at the base of VC highway & 395/I580.

This is your roll call.  I'm going.

*** Google MAP ***
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I was considering giving it a shot but I'm not going to make it. Too much work to do before the races the following week/weekend...

Have fun, ride safe and good luck! :crazy

RichVee4

Would like to do this ride sometime, but we have company this weekend.   Next year  :)
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Then it's settled.  Fecta will be put off until next year.  I'm good with that.

I'll open up Sunday as an open roll call and we'll see where people would like to ride.  Temps this weekend are suppose to be excellent.  Considering the time of year, it should make for good riding conditions.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I was thinking of a Sunday ride. Definitely not Saturday fecta though.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019