Main Menu

A message to the 'fecta riders.

Started by GreenMachine, September 08, 2011, 09:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Sleep well tonight my friends.  I know I will.  616 miles not including the ride to the meet up.  And yes, I have a infectious laugh and smile that I cannot shake.  Oh this was the ride of all time!!

Hope you all made it home safe.  Brian and I skipped Yuba Pass and a return on Gold Lake, due to potential meetings with deer.  I think the CalTrans and the CHP were cleaning up an encounter outside Sierraville.  It was too dark to tell what they were doing.  I want to do that ride again.  But only if you guys come along.  I'll buy lunch next time.  How's that?

Nite.  Nite.

p.s. pics later.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I saw that chp cleanup as well. Also deer on the side of the rode in sierraville and a fresh hit ( blood still wet) about halfway to truckee. That was sketchy! Thanks for sticking with me on 89 GM!! Amazing ride! Nice to you meet Trini, you can hang anytime. Highlights are too many to recall.. Yah baby!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Bigcat

Thank TB and GM for putting this together. Sometimes the last minute "oh what the $%$$%^ rides are the best. Had a blast. Note to self. PACK THE DAMN CLEAR SHIELD LOL  >:(. Tinnie, great to ride with you again and a big congrats on the graduation girl.   :2cool  Till next time

GreenMachine

I'm still tallying how many passes and "rides" we took in, all in one day.  Amazing!  I've told the story to people at two different offices this morning and people are  :o -- that's nuts!!  How many went?  Where'd you go?  How long did it take?  Who came up with the idea?  How many miles again?  and on and on.  Lots of great laughs coming from this one great adventure.
And..."you do look a little worn out today."   :crackup

I'm picking my brain, but don't recall hearing of anyone who's completed the Trifecta ride, much less anything like what was attempted yesterday. Maybe someone here has.  You guys not only took in the Trifecta ride, you added a season of rides into one, then made a mockery of it all by taking laps on several of them.  To put that into perspective, you lay claim to completing a ride that I doubt will ever be duplicated by anyone else.  Kind of like being one of the elite few with The Right Stuff.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Quote from: Bigcat on September 09, 2011, 08:40:00 AM
Thank TB and GM for putting this together. Sometimes the last minute "oh what the $%$$%^ rides are the best. Had a blast. Note to self. PACK THE DAMN CLEAR SHIELD LOL  >:(. Tinnie, great to ride with you again and a big congrats on the graduation girl.   :2cool  Till next time

Wait...you didn't learn about the clear shield from our ride around Tahoe? LOL

And Trini was there? awww man! Missed her!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Tahoebrian5

Yep, I'm still on a "too many turns" high. We must have done thousands of quality turns!!!

I'm already scheming up a new route ;)

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 09, 2011, 10:30:21 AM
And..."you do look a little worn out today."   :crackup
Ooof...Kudos to you and TahoeBrian on the last 70mile twisties, I was beat and you guys still ran it like we were only on 200 miles.  :respect

ps.  I still lack internet access so I'm not quite back on the boards yet...but just wait. Muahhahahaha  :crazy

GreenMachine

Thanks Sparky for deflating my ego.  Here I thought I had improved from morning to evening so much, I was dusting your *ss.   :spank  Damn it, Jim!!  :D  

Brian rides like that.  He rides like it's a workout his life depended on and only later does he say, "Oh yeah, I was getting dizzy or I was about to collapse from the heat" or something.  Really?  It didn't look like it!

Here are the pictures I promised.

1) Dawn meet up.  It rained and cleared up just hours earlier
2) 8:00 meet up in SLT
3) Completed WWS, starting on MRR
4, 5, & 6) 2nd to last ride, first lap

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on September 09, 2011, 01:23:54 PM
Yep, I'm still on a "too many turns" high. We must have done thousands of quality turns!!!

I'm already scheming up a new route ;)
What!  Take yesterday's ride and add the Dragon?

Hmmm.  Technically, if you were to start at one end or the other at dawn...on June 21st of any year, and the passes were all open, you probably could swing it. :)

Tahoebrian5

GreenMachine

Ooo, I think he likes it!  Hey Mikey!   ;D

I count 11 ride destinations or roads, two performed twice, a minimum of five mountain passes, not to mention all the linking roads.  

Technically we could call our "September" 8th 2011 ride either Septfecta or Undicifecta (eleven in Italian).  Ironbuttfecta works too.