Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS

Started by Sierra Sportbike Assn, April 06, 2008, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Here are the requirements of the major trackday providers from the bay area:

http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/showcontent.html?content=bikeprep&id=GT9QstXc

http://pacifictracktime.com/ti/ptt/content/checklist.html

http://www.keigwin.com/aboutevents_requirements.php

And here's a provider back east (can you tell they sell tires?):

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/policies.html#bikeprep

Something else we were doing at SSA tech was taping wheel weights.

yzinger

Seems the only one on here required ball ends for levers is zoom zoom. I completly agree with the wheel weight idea, and the five people coming with me will def have them taped  :P

zipbyu

Bar ends?  No spikes, that is obvious.  That can be just dangerous.  I would think that is a overlooked item by most because,  that is a trait to custom bikes back east.  more to come

mase

I'm trying to get the day off of work.  If I can get up there can I pay at check in; and if so is it the same price?
Sean Mason

Adiggity

Quote from: mase on April 10, 2009, 03:15:44 PM
I'm trying to get the day off of work.  If I can get up there can I pay at check in; and if so is it the same price?
Yes you can pay at check in. You will have to contact Jerome on your other question.

mase

thanks but it wont be needed.  I was able to get the day off and I just paid.

All sorts of fun
Sean Mason

n10sive

Andy, you going to be there? You think we can do a two group format right now?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

I (and my little opinion) would support this, as long as C is there own group. How would a two-group work anywho

trent

Generally its A n B together and C on its own from my experience
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

Jerome was saying registration was light...so I guess if there were a two group format, it would depend largely on how many C groupers there were. I could see doing a B-/A, but the A people have to not be so picky about encountering slower people going into 1A so the B+ people could ride in that group.

But, I am just yaking...it's all speculation right now as to what can happen.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

C group is generally around 50% of attendance.  B group splits to around 20% to A and 80% to C.  Most of the riders that are going are local and are members, and we tend to be mostly in the B class.  I hope some of the faster B riders find there way in to A class.
     Now, mind you we don't know how many groups Jerome will decide to run.  Most of the time there is a census taken at the riders meeting.  Jerome is king though.  I have knowen him for sometime now and I can say that safety comes first.  If there is 20-30 riders in a class, you will not see to many people.

Team Gorgonzola

IMO 20min sessions are just fine. For B+ and A, about 6/7 laps per session, or less if you like to warm up somewhat slowly. That is as long as a sprint race on the AFM circuit if am not mistaken. If you are trying hard out there it gets tiring pretty quickly. For "C" group is safer to have a shorter session IMO. I use to think :" 20min is sooo short!!!". I am very content if I can  put together 3/4 laps going 90%+.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Raingang

boring old signature.

CptnHornblower

I like to take along a cloth towel and some windex; it's easy to get the bugs off when they've been freshly applied to your face shield.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

A DRAGON

Yes this is still accurate.  ;)We try to make it as easy as possible  for everyone to get on the track. If you have anymore questions please just ask. If it's something your having trouble with I can give you a hand ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750