Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS

Started by Sierra Sportbike Assn, April 06, 2008, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JENX!!!

somebody from my work is asking....are supermoto's ok for the track day? Im assuming yes....what kind of riding gear does he need?
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

n10sive

they run all the time at the track. They need the same riding gear that you do for your sport bike.
See the trackday dress code.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

JENX!!!

Thats what i thought......Im gonna try to recruit him. thanks.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

russtman

Put him in C group for the slower pace that the super motards do.   :P
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

n10sive

HA. I have seen some motards kick some serious tail in A group. They don't do the straights as fast but they kick ass in the twisties. RFR is a great motard track :)

MotoPutz

So on my bike if I unplug the fuse for my rear running lights it kills my whole instrument cluster. I can however take the fuses out for head lights and brake lights. Is it nessesary for me to tape over my running lights since they won't be blinking?

MotoPutz

Mine will be in my truck and I will throw some electrical tape on the lights before I come. Thanks...

Yard Sale

Bump! Please see first post.

I'd like to add:

Incorrect chain slack was the major technical infraction at past SSA track days. RTFM. If you can't get it just right, error on the loose side.

Clutch and brake lever ball ends should be intact, not broken off. No spiked bar ends, spiked frame sliders, spiked levers, etc.

yzinger

Hey yard sale, I shaved my levers cause I liked them shorter. they are all smoothed down and gentle to the touch, but no balls  ;D Is this a problem???? PLEASE tell me I dont have to go get new levers now...

n10sive

who is doing tech that checks all that? You guys hire some AFMers?  :D

Yard Sale

The ball ends on levers are there to keep you (or somebody else) from getting impaled by them.

yzinger

What about the razor sharp rocks on the infield? or hitting a cement block on the front straight? Or the sharp stunning good looks of a new r6? I'm not trying to be a dick, just dont wanna have to go by levers to ride the track! I had them cut last year, and at the $75 days and it wasnt an issue... ??? ??? anyone got some foam floaties I can glue to the end  :D

Oneup

Quote from: yzinger on April 03, 2009, 04:25:18 PM
What about the razor sharp rocks on the infield? or hitting a cement block on the front straight? Or the sharp stunning good looks of a new r6? I'm not trying to be a dick, just dont wanna have to go by levers to ride the track! I had them cut last year, and at the $75 days and it wasnt an issue... ??? ??? anyone got some foam floaties I can glue to the end  :D

You can try to get them past tech, but if one of us decides they are unsafe you won't be able to ride.  2stroke isn't trying to be a dick either, he is just doing what he can to make sure all of the bikes on the track are safe.  Stock levers are cheap and easy to get at the last moment, plus it's good to have spares.  Or you can buy shorty levers that have the ball on them.

Quote from: n10sive on April 03, 2009, 03:52:19 PM
who is doing tech that checks all that? You guys hire some AFMers?  :D

I believe the same people who did tech last year will be doing it again this year.  Myron, Eric, me and probably a couple of others.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

hey...I have done tech before too...but somebody forgot to forward the memo on clutch levers so I let some go by! LOL

Yard Sale

There's no memo; I found this thread when searching for tech requirements. I was just making suggestions.