Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS

Started by Sierra Sportbike Assn, April 06, 2008, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aruz

Quote from: JeffW on April 17, 2008, 01:28:50 PM
Aruz, I think you are asking about using the RFR track outside of this trackday? If that's your question then I believe that you need a DMV license with motorcycle endorsement, and a track permit (or a racing license like one from the AFM). The track issues the track permit after you take a short riders school with them. I had a track permit at one time, but it was only good for one year.

Quote from: aruz on April 17, 2008, 12:15:21 PM
Silly question but in order to use the track what it is required to have? DMV license with motorcycle endorsement, a track permit or a track experience certification of some sort?

Actually is just for this trackday or for these kind of events organized by the SSA for that matter.

Adiggity

Quote from: aruz on April 17, 2008, 02:45:37 PM
Actually is just for this trackday or for these kind of events organized by the SSA for that matter.
If your asking for the SSA trackday, the only thing you need is medical insurance. Other than that, nothing is required.....except for gear and things of that sort that are listed
here. http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=82.0

russtman

Dont forget your kejones !!!!   ( thats BALLS for all yall non spanish speekin peeps )    ;D
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

MotoPutz

I'll ask my girlfriend if I'm allowed to have them for the day...

Yard Sale

No track day provider requires it but it's a really good idea to have a fire extinguisher. At one RFR event I watched a trailer full of bikes burn to the ground, almost taking the tow vehicle with it.

russtman

Thats a very, very good idea Erik.    I put that on my list to through in the trailer.

Thanks  8)

weavefish

i hope this thread still applies for junes trackday. but i was wondering if there was anything wrong with riding with a camera (on a mount ofcourse) and if there is anything special i would need to do. thanks in advance!

-Tom
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

russtman

Nothing special----mount and enjoy -and make sure you show all of us SSA guys.  ;D

A DRAGON

Ditto Russell. The nice part about these track days that the club is putting on. Is they are ours. As long as it's safe we can do what we want. So yes mount it up and enjoy. I'm just so happy to see all the members excited about the Track. We can even ride 2 up if we want. Of course Kye wants to ride 2 up with the passenger facing backwards. I don't think we can do that. But it would make a funny picture.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

Cool! i just got my mantis mount in yesterday and wanna take some vids of the race day. thanks guys :)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Mantis????????  That sounds big!!!!!!!!  I hope you get through teck.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 11, 2008, 10:20:19 PM
Mantis????????  That sounds big!!!!!!!!  I hope you get through teck.

its pretty adjustable and easy to remove if i cant use it. i think it would be fun though.

JENX!!!

safety wire the bolts so theres no way that it could be questioned.....or at the least, put some locktite on them.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: jenx1976 on May 14, 2008, 08:11:03 PM
safety wire the bolts so theres no way that it could be questioned.....or at the least, put some locktite on them.

the adjustment bolts are all peened. the only that that could come lose is the camera mounting screw so i couldt safetywire that.

Adiggity

Quote from: weavefish on May 15, 2008, 09:47:54 AM
the adjustment bolts are all peened. the only that that could come lose is the camera mounting screw so i couldt safetywire that.
You should be fine. As long as everything is tight and looks like it's not cheesy. (which from your pic, it definitely don't look cheesy)