Main Menu

Advise on boring out the sv650 to 750cc's

Started by bionicgreen, October 26, 2008, 03:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bionicgreen

Hello to all of the fine people in the SSA. I will say that I miss everyone very much and it will be great when school is done so I can do what I love. Anyways I have a question for all gear heads out there. I am thinking about buying a SV650 and then also getting a big bore kit for it. I know that it is really not really needed just something that I think would be fun to do. My questions are would this create a problem with the water jackets that are built into the cylinders and what other areas would I have to watch for possible breakage. I am also wondering if anyone has any idea of the power increase that I might get from doing this mod. Also would the valves have to be increased in size or how could I improve the valve train besides the port and polish. I am doing my best to learn all I can at school and I hope to come home and be one heck of a tuner. Thanks again for the great orginization and wonderful people.

n10sive

Zoran has taken them down to 500CC by de-stroking them. I don't think you'll get 100CC just in a bore.  There are way better mods to make to that engine than taking it to a 750CC bike.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

2wcp

The problem when you modify bikes that much is how often they will have to be rebuilt. Just not as reliable for a street vehicle. I thought Zoran has gotten like 85-90hp out of them, but don't completely remember.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

bionicgreen

Ok that works for me and I know that I can probibly tune up the motor a bit and still keep it strong. Does anyone have any ideas on how much it would cost to put a GSXR set of forks onto that bike? Any tuning tips would be a big help too. ;D ;D 8)

Oneup

send a pm to Zoran (twf). He will be able to answer your questions better than any of us.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

2wcp

Quote from: bionicgreen on October 28, 2008, 01:06:55 PM
Ok that works for me and I know that I can probibly tune up the motor a bit and still keep it strong. Does anyone have any ideas on how much it would cost to put a GSXR set of forks onto that bike? Any tuning tips would be a big help too. ;D ;D 8)

That all depends on how much you can find a whole front end on ebay. Then you just have to spend the money to get the bearings for the stering stem from zoran. those aren't too much.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p