Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

cobra23

2nd place at the Auburn Classic Japanese show.

GreenMachine

Quote from: cobra23 on August 03, 2015, 09:12:49 PM
Jerome is back?

I am back.
Glad to hear it!  And congrats on your showing.  Did you get the carbs sorted?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

That a nice clean bike.  Congratulations on the 2nd place.

cobra23

Got the carbs sorted. They are now Flatslides. lol.

34mm Mikuni flatslides, what a difference they make.

GreenMachine

So small when you think most big-bore Kawis from the 1990's used 40's and people talk about those being small.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

Sold it today.

Its got a California plate now, and don't be surprised if you see it strafing by while you are riding in the Sierras. !!

cobra23

The new owner took it out for 350 mile shakedown ride todayand somehow lost the front fender, which is very strange as it won't come off unless you remove the front tire.  Anyway I was stressed out all day, nothing like dropping the bike straight into a 350 mile canyon ride...

Maybe 50 miles would be better...then check all the fasteners?? Jus say'n

All went well. Myke is super happy with the KZ, and I am super happy with the Guzzi.

I rode the Guzzi over to help the new owner fix a needle and seat dripping (dirt between needle and seat on one carb from storage) on the way back had dinner in Sierraville (I think) with a guy name of Doyle, AKA "radar". Doyle was riding a new KTM adventure bike, so we were able to ride together to Truckee.

I've been here 8 years, not been on the 49 / 89 trip from Auburn, that was a very nice ride. I would like to thank Doyle for leading me out of there, it is kind of a maze of highway signs placed just a little later than they should be.

GreenMachine

Congrats on the quick sale!  Hope to see the new owner out riding some time.  He's welcome to join our group rides for whatever distance he chooses, if you want to pass that on.  In fact, I've intercepted SCR (Sacramento Crotch Rockets) riders on their way through the sierras.  It's always fun to tag along and meet new people.

cobra23

I will certainly pass that on. He is an upstanding guy, and would enjoy a ride.

cobra23

Well the life of the KZ continues. I am in constant contact with the new owner, and have offered to machine a few parts for him. He is an upstanding guy.

He is putting some real nice EBC rotors on it now. The best news is this !!
The bike has been selected as bike of the month on the KZ Riders firum. When you open their page there is a photo spread of my bike (well Mykes bike now). Sure makes me feel good.

Check it out:
http://www.kzrider.com/

GreenMachine

I liked that both of you were recognized online.  It's satisfying that the new owner appreciates the bike too and isn't going about chopping it up and hasn't crashed it in pure squid fashion.  Maybe we'll be seeing it around for many years to come.

cobra23

I will try to get Myke into an SSA ride this spring.

GreenMachine

The more the merrier.  If he likes to ride with others, he'll get plenty of opportunities with us.  ;)