Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Sometimes having a professional look into it is exactly the second set of eyes necessary.  Glad it's working out.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Ted, just saw the KZ at Steve's.....holy cow that's a beauty!!! :o Maybe it'll be up for sale in awhile :thumbup
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Hmmmm....

Thanks for the compliment Alberto!!

A few weeks ago it almost went to the scrapyard, but thanks to Steve, I think the Dynatek folks are fixing the brain.

Team Gorgonzola

Well, if you ever need it spanked.....I am there for you!! :flagSSA
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Roger that Alberto..

I stopped to visit it at Steves today.... just waiting on the ignition now, it's coming together. Steve rebuilt the forks, and adjusted valves... and some other stuff i cannot remember.

cobra23

Steve has the new ignition, and will be starting the bike Tues. Wed.   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY !!!

cobra23

cobra23

I went down to the Hospital to visit the KZ, it is in good hands with Dr. Steve.

Super Lean, Jets on order.

GreenMachine

So it's running then?  Sweet!  Do we have to go over to TWCP to see it or are there pics and riding impressions in our future?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

It's currently at 2WCP, I'm sure Steve would not mind a visitor or two.

I am in the process of pulling a 99 R6 out of mothballs, so the KZ while it's at Steves, is just waiting. The track bike (R6) will get squared away, then it is headlights and tailights, and the KZ is on the road.

It is running, and starts right up, but the carbs are one of two sets I had, and it looks like they are very very lean. Steve is re-jetting it.

cobra23

Well I got a day off from work today, and headed out with my Buddy Ed to visit the KZ at Steves !

I am starting to think more about the greatness of the bike, and less about taking a Flame thrower to it.

After stopping at Steves, Ed and I went to Big Valley Honda to get some exhaust gaskets for the XR. I am putting a new growly pipe on "the Mule". BVH actually had them in stock, I would also mention they have the customer service thing figured out there (some dealers DO NOT). I try to avoid most Dealers, it was a positive experiance.

We then decided to swing by 4th street to see what is up with Ed's (rest in peace my friend) Dyna Reno. Big news for you Ducati nuts, Ed's Son "Chris" has the shop open Fridays and Saturdays. What a great thing. Chris asked me to spread the word if I could. The phone number is the same. Those of you who knew Ed of Dyna reno, should stop in when you get the chance.

cobra23

The bike is still at Steves 2 Wheel Custom Performance. The Ducati is up on the bench for maint. so no need to rush Steve.

I watch the view count go up on this thread daily, and sure appreciate all you checking in on its progress. Soon.

This winter I spent alot of time getting the track bike ready for the season, then (now) the Ducati. When the Ducati is done, the KZ will go up, get lights and street gear. The bike is running at Steves, just needs a dyno run for jetting. I may take it to a track day this summer just to shake it down. I have said the same thing "track day this summer" for I think 3 years now, but this year it looks good.

I am gonna re-paste the link so you can see pictures if interested:

http://kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/274097-1975-kz-900--zrx-swingarm-89-gsxr-front-end?limit=20&start=680#505350

Thanks again for checking this out almost 18,000 hits wow!!

GreenMachine

:D  Is he going to do a CO2 dyno check for tuning it?

cobra23

Team Gorgonzola

Is it finished yet?? Never-mind, still with a broken leg.
-Hunter S. Thompson-