Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

Well this is a big night...

After 8 years of working, the parts are all on, the last thing was the charging system, and Dyna 2000 ignition, they are on.

Re-assemble for the 40th time, and the bike itself is done. Then its on to the DMV, add a headlight and tail light...then track it, and ride !!!

Yeah!

http://www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/274097-1975-kz-900--zrx-swingarm-89-gsxr-front-end?limit=20&start=580

GreenMachine

The question is: No job is complete without what?   :D

You should bring it out to Wednesday Bike Night for show and tell.  I'd love to hear its story while downing PJ's $3.50 beer specials.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Taht is a good looking KZ Ted!! When can I test ride?
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Soon as i can get it to the track.
:o

cobra23

Today was to be the day...it's all done.

Put fuel in it, charged the new battery.

Error light on Dyna ignition.

Bummer.

GreenMachine

Perhaps a bad wire splice?

When you get it running, you should bring it out to Wednesday Bike Night.  It's a lot of fun and there's always a couple of classics for people to gawk at.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

cobra23

I am starting to think I should take it to Steve @2wcp.

He will not be in the mood to take a ball peen hammer to it, and may be able to quickly figure it out. I on the other hand am ready for the ball peen hammer theropy.

I could put it in the back of the truck for a wed. night thing @ PJ's.

cobra23

Just e-mailed Dyna with the problem with the ignition maybe it is something simple?

cobra23

Talked to Stev at 2wcp, it will be going there next week.

If it stays in my garage, i am certain a fatal accident will soon occur..... death by flamethrower?

cobra23

yes Flamethrower, i could build one in a couple weeks......

Hope Steve gets the thing going before the Flamethrower is completed. ;D

GreenMachine

If the home-made flamethrower doesn't ignite, it will really send you mental. 

How's Steve coming along with it? 

cobra23

LOL that would be my Luck, Steve gets the Bike on tuesday.

I think a fresh set of eyes will have it running in no time.

cobra23

The Bike is at steves now, in good hands, and i crumpled up the Flamethrower blueprints.

Thanks Steve!!

this is like R&R I can now walk into my garage without getting frustrated....ahhhhhh no fire required.

cobra23

Two projects collide this weekend.....

A 99 R-6 will be in the garage on Thursday...track bike is finally here. Former WMMRA bike number 177.

cobra23

Steve called today as it turns out the Brain of the Dyna system is messed up. I had it hooked up correctly all along....ah piece of mind at lasst.