Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

This thing is getting out of control.....this titanium thing that is.... I can see it now.. in a couple years hanging around the dumpster at Pro-Bolt just hoping to find a scrap... Oh dear!!

So I bought two more bolts and two more washers, I won't even admit the price, my family is wondering what has happend to this gentleman, hard working guy, upstanding family man, now begging his wife for 50 bucks to buy....more titanium.

I am purchasing enough roundstock Monday to produce a titanium axle, i'll machine it at Ed's house then have it "gundrilled" making it hollow. My good buddie Troy from Washington popped onto the Forum (KZ riders) to see if the bike is done yet.

I had to admit my addiction to this shiny new substance in my life, and he will probably mock me for it.

Another winter of trying to get the bike done for Spring. But what a day it will be for the Hanger Queen, out there glistening in the sun at RFR, waiting for that C group session.

Still waiting for the Swing arm from powder coat.

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=420#413722

cobra23

Wooooowwww..

1.25" titanium bar stock arrives today. Ordered 15" length.......51" arrives......

Bill is 250, thought it would be 85, Mrs. Cobra 23 gonna have a fit. I am now in the titanium business.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

Wow... wait a second, yea there got the snap cuffs off, ....drying off now...

Whew.

So the credit card bill is on the kitchen counter, that Titanium only cost about 45 minutes of "waterboarding".

It's really not that bad I dunno why they insist on calling it torture.

Yep the gig is up I had to confess. You would to after artificailly drowning a few dozen times.

Scott

yea i don't think waterboarding is all that bad either. most places you have to pay for a moist towel over the face!
:rainday :surrender
GSX-R600

cobra23

Woo hooooo!! the Swingarm, is back and it looks GREAT!!

Advanced Powder Coating & Sandblasting...a shameless plug it is but they sure do of the nice work, twice now.

1823 Deming Way in Sparks. 358-4610

Check it out....

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=440#415734

So now I get to assemble the swing arm for the very last time....again!!

cobra23

Crap.

Damaged one of the needle bearing cups whilst removing the swingarm bearings from the swingarm. Soooo order new ones waiting waitn....

Merry Christmas SSA!!!

Team Gorgonzola

Wow, this is like the Noah's Arc of motorcycling ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

U R Killin me Alberto!!!! :cheers

it is the long project..

cobra23

Christmas eve...

Family cancels trip to grandma and grandpas house. Bummer...oh well
I will just go out to the garage and work on the KZ.

Merry Christmas all...

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=460#418489

Dragone

That works!  No shovels needed for the possible track time then?  lol  Looking great

cobra23

The old KZ's are bulletproof in reality, I will just set the rev limiter a little lower than redline, it all be good. I was at Thunderhill a couple years ago watching the super dinosour class, and this very angry sounding KZ was chasing down a CBR 900 RR, struggling as to who to root for as my favorite bike was a 93 CBR....Long story. At any rate that sound compared to the high winding CBR was just intimidating.

So this weekend being short on funds for ignition it was decided to construct a drafting table for the next BIG thing.

:DTHE WORLDS FASTEST HONDA TRAIL 90!!!! :D

This has been in the making for a couple years, and now we are starting. I have a front end and a pile of Chrome Moly Tubing. The frame will be trellis (Ducati style) and very small. The powerplant right down to the centrifical clutch is all Honda Trail 90.

We'll be famous i tell ya FAMOUS!!
http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=460#419031

Dragone

hahaha, bring on the 90 classic!  I try to imagine what my kz would be like on the track.  (For some reason, I am not seeing that right now.)  lol  Good to see your kz's progress.  Good luck on your new project.

cobra23

Was just talking on the phne with a freind from Washington, he is encouraging me to take the DUc to Miller, something about frame flex over the "Attitudes".

Frame flex...Phooey!!

I still hoping to get the KZ on that track, the sound...ohhhoohhhhAAAA .... THE SOUND!!

cobra23

Ok got the swing arm and the rear end back together....

Zoran will be seeing me around for one of them high tech batteries here in a week or so, then I can start it on the points......

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=460