Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

Quote from: cobra23 on September 30, 2010, 08:25:17 PM
Oh boy!!! :rant

A whole bunch of Bike money (isn't all money bike money) just got spent at the furniture store!!!

Yaaaayyyyyy!!!! :banana2

It's gonna be a dry month for bike purchases....
I dont like where this topic is going...  :o
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

cobra23

Yahhyy!!

New month, but the Ducati needs fork service......

arrrgghhh.

A DRAGON

Stay on it Ted. Looking good.  That old KZ is still one of my favorites. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

Quote from: cobra23 on October 06, 2010, 08:43:30 PM
Yahhyy!!

New month, but the Ducati needs fork service......

arrrgghhh.

This is a shameless plug for Steve at 2 Wheel Custom Performance....but I don't care.

See i did not want to rebuild the forks on the Duck, I mean maint is just so you know Blahhhh.

Steve rebuilt the forks and they are GREAAAATTT!! Not only that but he was nice enough to arrange a delivery.

If you need work Steve is a great choice
:flagSSA
End of shameless plug...

sparkygixxer

Quote from: cobra23 on October 12, 2010, 07:13:24 PM
If you need work Steve is a great choice
:flagSSA
End of shameless plug...

It's good to give props where it's deserved!

cobra23

Spent the day today flagging at RFR, which combined with the last time I spent the day flagging at RFR, gives me enough extra cash to powder coat the swing arm. So next week powder coat.

Two weeks later...put the chain on with the powder coated bit. $00 dollars after that a new ignition system...add gas and start.

Painfully slow.....

cobra23

:o :egyptian

AHHHHHH... I just ordered my first Titainium Bolts!!!!!! Yea baby Titainium!!!!

48 bucks for two bbbolts and two wwwawowwashers!!!!

I've totally lost my mind for sure now!!!

:crazy

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Scott

makes me want to build a cafe racer!
GSX-R600

cobra23

SSACR..........

Sierra Sportbike Cafe Racers  !!!!

Yea!! I am watching the Telisillyvision the other day and there is a show about building Cafe racers....it the next big thing!!

I guess people are finally tired of watching tv shows where they weld wrenchs, rolls royce hood orniments, helicopter parts and toilet bowls to the frames of bikes. Which of course are powered by an engine that should be retired.

I can't wait to slide up next to a kid on a 600 with the old "Z".....on the exit of turn two at RFR.... :grnbike and pass........LMAO!!!

A DRAGON

Yeah that's would be a pretty good feeling.   :byebye

Riding less and getting more out of it.   Great way to be remembered. :GrnWheelie
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

Another old Cobra story.....

I think it was 1985--ish.... U.S. 2 in Washington a very good ride before the feds tried to make it "safer" by widening it. It winds throught the Cascades.

We are cruisin at a very illegal rate (this was the 55mph days) thinkin I am all fast when an old guy on a about a 73 KZ goes around me. His throttle never really changed pitch just that nasty growl while I am foolin around on the brakes and throttle to get through a tight turn.

We were all jazzed up about bikes like the FZ 750, and the new "Ninja" 900, smoked by this old bike rider that just knew his stuff. Never forget that the bike was just plain British Racing green, he had rearsets, and a pipe. Also must have had cast iron testicular glands.

It was awsome.

And very humbling.

cobra23

Well the swing arm is at powder coat, i rolled the bike outside to get a photo, sat on it for the first time since spending a year in Washington. It is so small, feels like an XR 100 underneath you.

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=420

Check it out.

A DRAGON

Really nice Ted.  Thanks for sharing this thread.  I really like keeping up with your KZ :thanks
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750