Main Menu

Wonderings about the KZ 900

Started by cobra23, October 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: cobra23 on September 30, 2009, 10:05:35 PM
You know I keep thinking aint nobody interested in this thing this labor of love, but then I log in and watch the counter, (3 thousand views) it makes me feeel alll warm inside.

relax it is a labor of love and I cant wait ti see it in person ;D
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

cobra23

I went to see my good friend Ed today. We had the big plans of the machining of the countershaft cover to match the offset sproket, you know we were gonna do a little work on the Bonneville 90 too. Planning and brainstormng etc. etc.

Well Ed had some 12 year old scotch, and ahh well we did a whole bunch of brainstorming, and the scotch was good too. After sipping the scotch the machining did not seem so important.

Ahh another relaxing creative day of not machining.

That was some very good scotch.

cobra23

Good news!!

The deck in the back yard is complete!!

Mrs. Cobra23 has released me from the Deck duty!! ;D

cobra23

So last Friday..

I ran over to Eds house. We is gettin smarter about the process...

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=116&func=view&catid=11&id=274097&limit=20&limitstart=320#331403

If you do some machining first.....

THEN...drink the scotch......

You DO get more work done..

LOL ::)

cobra23

Well....

Changed jobs, this will somewhat interrupt the project. Soon I will be in the Foundry, working in Washington, commuting to Ferntucky.

If you are a Quality Manager looking for a job.....I know of a vacancy here in the Reno area...

LOL!!!!!    :D

cobra23

>:( A CHAIN...

all I need is a chain, and to be home long enough to put it on and start the bike, but I am sitting here in Washington State.

New Job is great though. Any club activities around 23-28 Dec, I'll be home then.

Justin

Quote from: cobra23 on December 11, 2009, 10:15:35 AM
Any club activities around 23-28 Dec, I'll be home then.
None that i know of.   i'll keep you posted

cobra23

YEaahhhhYY...

Came home for Christmas with the grandson there, and all that happy family stuff. Managed to rebuild the petcock.

At this rate I will be done in the year 2020.

Dam.

cobra23

Home in January, dead battery in Ducati.

Too many household chores to get done to work on the bike.

What is the best dry cell battery out there for the Ducati, I will use the same batt. for the KZ.

SPL are you there....I have heard the odyssey is good. (dont think I spelt that right)

cobra23

OK,

Where can I get an Odessy dry cell (or Gel Cell) battery?

I need one for the Ducati, and another for the KZ, preferably the two are same size, so I would be ordering two Ducati Monster batteries.

cobra23

OK what is the El ninio thing...

I spend 3 weeks in the Washington wet dreary weather, looking foward to coming home to Ferntucky and sunshine. So I flew home last weekend......and there is friggn 8 inches of snow in my yard....

I want to complian to the management...

Basically did nothing but clean the garage and watch TV. World Superbike first televised race of the season is on Speed this Sunday 28 Feb. at noon (shamefully I am turning into a telivision expert).

I'll be in the Washington apartment...watching it whilest the mist and rain be coming down outside. Hope you all have the nice weather in Reno.

cobra23

5000 views...amazing.

Thanks.

Bike is still sitting in Ferntucky garage, waiting for a chain, and some lighting. Perhaps a month or so.

Working away from home is a bit of a bummer for progress.

RCFLAGGER

Well here's another to add to your collection......read the whole thing.... Thought that I kept secrets well 'cause if you mentioned this project before I surely missed it.  Anyway GREAT JOB Sgt. keep it up you'll get it done.  Keep the faith Bro.  Oh yeah when yer done wanna help me w/ mine?  75 Z1 900 ......Have  single malt can bench brace...... ;D   ;D ;D   flagger out
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

cobra23

Oh yea..

I work for single Malt.

I got a whole bunch of odds and ends you could probably get started with some of the stuff.

Take care RC!!

cobra23

Going home this weekend, gonna get the dam chain.

All last year I was hoping to get it to an SSA trackday, now hoping for 2010.

Bummer. Maybe I will bring it to a trackday just to show it.