Main Menu

AFM New Racer School at RFR!!

Started by dbenj, April 02, 2008, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbenj

Hi All. David from Z2 Track Days here. In case you hadn't heard, the AFM have officially OKed RFR as a legal track for the New Racer School. Very cool...been several years in the making and (I hope) it's only a matter of time before the AFM is racing there.

If you need to get your AFM license, Z2 are having a New Racer's School at RFR on both May 10th and May 11th (the NRS is a one-day school). Sign up on the website here:
http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/events2.html

If you have any questions, feel free to email me: david.ben-jamin@zoomzoomtrackdays.com

See ya there!

--David

Adiggity

Right on. Very cool!! Thanks David (Ben-Jammin) :)

Oneup

I may have to do my NRS on the 11th.  ZZ isn't doing any other NRS's this year. :(  I was hoping to do my NRS at one of the three AFM tracks but oh well.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

CBR Dave

Sweet.  Thanks for the info Dave, I will let others know.

dbenj

Quote from: oneup on April 02, 2008, 05:11:19 PM
I may have to do my NRS on the 11th.  ZZ isn't doing any other NRS's this year. :(  I was hoping to do my NRS at one of the three AFM tracks but oh well.

We're going to have several more NRSs at THill...they're just not on the calendar yet but I'll be adding them very soon.

Hopefully, RFR will be an AFM track in the near future but I think the actual track you take your NRS at is not particularly important. We're looking to make sure you're an experienced rider, can interpret the track, and are smooth and predictable. Shawn has been lobbying the AFM board for several years to approve RFR as an NRS track for that very reason and to help out the growing group of Reno riders by making it a bit easier to get their license at your home track.

We'll offer the NRS at RFR in July and October too so definitely keep that in mind along with June 14th, July 19th & 20th, and Nov 29th and 30th at T-Hill.

See you there.

--David

FlatulentDan

The NRS will be fun at RFR!  I'm looking forward to it :D

Hi David!!!!!
Twin Works Factory  www.TWFRacing.com
CODE4 Racing          www.CODE4-Racing.com
Z2TrackDays            www.Z2Trackdays.com
MorePowerRacing    www.MorePoweRacing.com
Power Stands          www.PowerStands.com
4TheRiders              www.4TheRiders.com

Yard Sale

I just signed up for the May 11 NRS.

QuoteIf you need to get your AFM license
Or USGPRU license!

oneup, I wouldn't sweat the school being at a non-AFM track. The school is conducted indoors, for one thing. Then they follow you out on the track and make sure you don't ride like a squid with your hair on fire.

Oneup

Let us know when you update the NRS's.  My bike won't be ready by the 11th so I will be looking to do one later.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

FlatulentDan

Quote from: oneup on April 12, 2008, 11:30:36 AM
Let us know when you update the NRS's.  My bike won't be ready by the 11th so I will be looking to do one later.

Just curious... what does the bike need that won't be done by then?  You don't need to meet the full AFM rulebook specs for the NRS.   
Twin Works Factory  www.TWFRacing.com
CODE4 Racing          www.CODE4-Racing.com
Z2TrackDays            www.Z2Trackdays.com
MorePowerRacing    www.MorePoweRacing.com
Power Stands          www.PowerStands.com
4TheRiders              www.4TheRiders.com

Adiggity

he crashed a Thill a couple weeks ago. Same weekend I found out about my engine issues...  :'(