Main Menu

Comming Soon - My new garage!

Started by Admin CATZ, September 11, 2008, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

New 1200 sq. ft. (max city would let me build) detached garage coming soon. Poured the foundation last month, 3.5 full cement trucks ;D Exterior should go up beginning of next summer, interior done by next winter.

* First it should be noted that I am building a 160 sq ft. shed for my wife. So all her stuff will go in there and all the bikes, x-mas stuff, and other BS that not dare enter the garage!

Features will include:
Modern design incorporating passive air flow to keep it cool in the summer.
Super insulated (I'm going to seal it like my home theater room, tight) 2x6 wall plus extra barriers and insulation.
16ft ceiling.
Overhead crane that can piviot to 75% of the work area.
40+ feet of counter space & cabinets.
It's plumbed for water. Sink, hose reel inside, and a Urinal - yeah you heard me right  ;D
Overkill on the 110 outlets as usual and several 220's
The pipes are also there for satelite and DSL.
18x8ft full insulated door.
36" full industrial steel entry door. (like the one in Irionman's lab)
Full finished interior that will put my old garage which was nice to shame. (think way over the top sci-fi/ military movie set)
Welding bay with fireproof panel walls and big welding table. Hopefull 8x16
Dust collection unit.
Steel Roof will collect rain water into a 300 gallon container.

Did I mention I have plans for a huge, umm giant wind turbine generator to help provide power. This is the only thing my wife hasn't full OK's but if I get my way it will look like some huge scary machine.  She wants me to build it just doesn't like my black with yellow caution strip design.

Solar pannels will go on the garage in the future.

When it's done I will let people come by and check it out and I will post photos.

My old starter garage 10% as cool as the new one will be.

Here is a pic of the wind turbine I'm talking about:

JENX!!!

WOW!!!! sounds like a great project., Im moving in when its done. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

jlavallee

Do you hear that? Those are angels singing!

I am so jealous. :o

n10sive

man...I don't even live in a house that nice!  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

trent

NICE !! I like the turbine..
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

yzinger

so when are you coming over to do mine then eh? and you didn't mention the dormitory for all ur biker friends....what gives.

lhyx

Quote from: yzinger on September 12, 2008, 09:51:24 AM
so when are you coming over to do mine then eh? and you didn't mention the dormitory for all ur biker friends....what gives.

Dormitory for riders... I think this should be included in your project...
Lix

weavefish

All i gotta say is what do you do for a living and can i have a job!!!  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

nv919

Catz goes where the work is. He is not above anything. He will even clean up your cat litter box ;D

Admin CATZ

First I am the cheapest bastard I know. Strict $20 a week budget and my only bill is my house payment. I have no AC in my house and I only use about 450KWH despite having a home theater and huge computer set up. Yep I live in the dark with all energy efficient appliances, bulbs, and everything is on powerstips that I turn off when not using.

Then I save a ton of $ by building the whole thing myself. I dug the foundation myself but had to get help pouring it since the concrete dries faster than one guy can work. However the rest of the garage I will build 100% myself including the electrical. I am estimating the whole garage minus the turbine to cost just under 25k for materials.

When the garage is done I will build the wind turbine myself as well after I build a few small models to work out the kinks.

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

yzinger

trent

Quote from: yzinger on September 12, 2008, 10:50:06 PM
I can supply beer....

I can drink beer !!! ;D :D ;D :D ;)

Seriously though I have a tool belt and a hammer.......
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

XIII

Quote from: Catz on September 12, 2008, 05:56:18 PM
First I am the cheapest bastard I know. Strict $20 a week budget and my only bill is my house payment. I have no AC in my house and I only use about 450KWH despite having a home theater and huge computer set up. Yep I live in the dark with all energy efficient appliances, bulbs, and everything is on powerstips that I turn off when not using.

Then I save a ton of $ by building the whole thing myself. I dug the foundation myself but had to get help pouring it since the concrete dries faster than one guy can work. However the rest of the garage I will build 100% myself including the electrical. I am estimating the whole garage minus the turbine to cost just under 25k for materials.

When the garage is done I will build the wind turbine myself as well after I build a few small models to work out the kinks.

No wonder you've been absent in many bike nights and from the board! Looking nice. Would look nicer in person...with my bike in it...getting worked on... ;D Seriously, that looks really good. Did you take any before and after pics? I am interested in seeing those if you have it.

Admin CATZ

Kaaz That pic is of my old garage not the new one. The before pic is dirt. The curent pick is a 1200sq ft slab.

FYI- I haven't been a SSA Board member or had a bike for 3 years.  :'(