Main Menu

Endurance Race Pit Crew Needed

Started by Yard Sale, August 11, 2008, 12:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

scotinexile and I will be racing his SV650 in the Zoom Zoom endurance race Sunday, August 24 at Fernley. We need volunteers to work as pit crew. Duties are:

Signaler (show a sign to the rider telling him to come in to the pits)
Holder (grab bars of stopped bike and hold it steady as exhausted rider stumbles off)
Fueler (spill gas all over Alan's bike)
Fireperson (hold extinguisher during refueling; worst case, put out a burning racer or bike)

Rules may require you to wear long pants when you are over the pit wall. The race starts late in the day and will last a few hours.

JENX!!!

How many people do you need? ....I'll do it. ;D

EDIT: Just talked to choco-taco and he's gonna be helping out too....
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

i will also be at the track for the race weekend helping Zoom Zoom. not sure how much time i will have free but im more than willing to help.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

weavefish

just talked to David Benjamin and he said i "shouldnt" be needed during the enduro race so ill be there to help.  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Oneup

I will probably be there.  I'll help pit if I can make it.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

weavefish

i think chaco taco will be there with jenx!!!! also

JENX!!!

I just said that.... must be an echo in here. ::) ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: JENX!!! on August 11, 2008, 06:02:10 PM
I just said that.... must be an echo in here. ::) ;D

yea nice edit job lol

independent

Eric & crew-
It was nice to meet you last night, I'll do what I can to help out.
I just measured the spigot on my quick-dump can, the outlet dia. is 39 mm X 25mm long, then tapers up to 60 mm in the next 15mm of length.
I need to come up with a new seal to make the thing work, the original one's dried up since its last use.
Any questions, just call me.
cheers
kevin

Yard Sale

Z2 answered questions I had because the AFM rulebook endurance section is blank:

* dead engine refuel
* rider off bike
* Shorts O.K.
* no stand required
* max 6 people over the wall (that includes both riders)
* extinguisher person can perform no other duties during pit stop

karneybo

Eric how many ppl you got so far and how many ppl total you need to help out?
Carney

Yard Sale

I count 4 of you. We could put 5 over the wall if we played tag-team with the riders, but we only need 3 or 4 over the wall.

independent

Kevin says we should have a meeting to  get organized before going to the track, and make sure the bike and gear is ready.
I'll bring some beers for lubricating the process...

kevin

independent

Monday, tuesday & friday work for me. Perhaps we can meet tues at la vecchia's, then go on to scot's place?
It shouldn't take a lot of time, maybe an hour or two.
kevin

Yard Sale

Thanks for the help everybody! Beth, Kevin, Dave, Tom, Sydney, Kenny, Peter, and anybody I missed because I'm tired and sunburned. Big thanks to Jerome for helping me haul stuff home.

Race report later.