Main Menu

A charity Iron Butt Saddlesore ride for 2022

Started by GreenMachine, June 25, 2021, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

With many thanks to RichVee4 and A Dragon, I was able to successfully complete this year's Saddlesore 1000 Iron Butt ride.  It wasn't without its own bit of drama and obstacles, but I think that's just part of what makes it a challenge.

This year's ride wasn't as well planned as my others and if I had put some forethought into it, I would have turned it into a charity ride of some sort.  The idea isn't new.  I just don't know enough about doing charity events to add that to the list of items I have to accomplish, along with actually doing the riding bit.

Now that I'm done with this year's ride event, I can focus my attention on next year's and getting the charity stuff created.  Just one more added reason to keep doing these, but now with more purpose.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Wait, what?  So you're bailing on this year?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

That's an awesome Idea G-Money.   maybe you could actually eat a decent meal on your ride other than a dry ass oat bar.    :pieface
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750