Main Menu

sighting lap to downieville

Started by PAPASMURF, March 27, 2021, 11:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPASMURF

went to d-ville today. left about 1030 or so, still cold. up thru truckee it was very cold,

by the time i got to sierraville for gas and a cuppa it was much better.

the road to yuba is very heavy with sand/gravel, was not so bad where the sun was

shining as you can see it. but in the shaded areas it becomes almost invisible. really had to kept the eyes peeled.

once up at yuba, the way to bassetts was fairly clean. after that the road is almost pristine. really surprised me.

the way to d-ville and points beyond was awesome.

got some new gear i wanted to check out for cold weather, works awesome. all in all great day, only 235 but that

was worth the cold and yuba. got back around 4 and it was nice here. still, glad i went.

:blackbike :blackbike

S1000R
R1250RS

Sub-Sonic

That gets a double 'atta boy,' You need to call out the fair weather riders, LOL  :laughing

nice.

How many miles on your single R now sir?

PAPASMURF

got me right at 45k.

went back to d-ville today. 80% of the sand/gravel is now gone. still, that 20%  will bite you in the buewtocks

if not careful. just about the time one thinks OK all is good, there is a pucker moment. and then it gets good again.

once over yuba it is about 95% clean, and by bassetts all is right in the world to d-ville and i went 20 miles past

to really play. keep seeing the same sheriff and chp guy going and coming back. kept it to 5 over and they never even

looked twice. and still had a good time. :thumbup

:blackbike

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Perfect weather this weekend through next too.  I cannot ride today, however.  Gotta work when others aren't so I can do a network conversion.

Think about me kindly.   :byebye
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.