Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Sanora Pass

Started by wills, October 15, 2020, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills

Took a long loop last Sunday, VC to Ebbetts to Sonora to Monitor back to VC and home. Perfect weather and very little traffic. Sanora has wonderful new pavement!
This weekend looks like another good one, hope the La Porte to Quincy road is finally opened. I tried 2 weeks ago and it was closed for fire cleanup.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

wills

Just confirmed with the friendly fireman in Quincy the road from La Porte to Quincy is open!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

I wonder how bad it'll look up there.  Probably like a burned out moonscape. 

I'm thinking of doing something shorter.  Perhaps Tahoe and just cruise.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

That's too short a ride for you!
When I went to La Porte from Marysville I passed some burned areas, fire was very close to La Porte.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Normally.   :laughing

But my second fuel pump, which I bought used on eBay gave up.  Long story short, I put my first pump back on the bike and it shorted out, draining my battery and setting me into electrical gremlins mode.  She now has a new fuel pump, so until I'm confident that is all there is to it, I'm going to limit my ride distances.  Maybe in a week or two I can give longer rides a go again.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Guess you learned your lesson about used electrical parts :|)

I had the fuel pump slowly die on the Kawi, luckily the dealer warrantied it even though the bike was over 1 year old. Saved me $600!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

They should for a year old fuel pump.  My original lasted 110K miles and 18 years.  The second used one was already mostly worn out.  It never failed me out of the road, so I was fortunate. 

I leaned my lesson though.  When it comes to electrical stuff, replace, replace, replace.