Main Menu

World Superbike This Weekend!!!

Started by RenoRider75, February 29, 2020, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

Just watched race one - I won't spoil anything, but man that was one of the best races I've ever seen!  I'm happy to host a watch party for anyone that wants to watch them too, or depending on how many people are interested I've been offered a TV to show the races on at Lamppost Pizza on Steamboat Parkway.  Might be fun to grab a pizza, a pitcher of beer, and watch the motorcycles sing.

I really enjoy watching World Superbike, especially since we have a rider from MotoAmerica in the mix - G arrett Gerloff.  As Jonathan Rea said earlier this week, "SBK is human, MotoGP is business."

After seeing the amazing finish of race 1, I can't help but agree with him.   ;D

Rea also said his ideal teammate would be Marc Marquez.  Can you imagine if Marc made the jump over to SBK?  People would go nuts - hopefully Laguna Seca is back in the mix if that ever happens!

GreenMachine

MotoGP is postponing events due to coronavirus.  COTA may end up being the first round, since Qatar's will only go on with the teams already there; Moto2 & Moto3.

WSBK will probably follow suite.  I'm sure there are discussions of pulling events.

So MotoAmerica seems like a safe bet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

Agreed -given the current travel lock-down in Italy, I almost wonder if this season is going to be cancelled?  There are a couple of tracks in Italy they typically visit during the season, and all the travel they need to do across Europe might prove difficult for both MotoGP and SBK.

Maybe Laguna Seca being removed from the 2020 calendar was a good thing...

RenoRider75

Dorna just announced that they are postponing the next set of WorldSBK races in Qatar due to coronavirus concerns.  Stupid viruses, can't they just watch the races like the rest of us?  Why do they have to get personally involved in the action?   :'(

22SLOW

Yeah.   really going to miss all the races.  Damm this shit really sucks