Main Menu

sat 8 feb ride

Started by PAPASMURF, February 07, 2020, 08:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPASMURF

going out for a ride. not sure which direction. supposed to be colder toward downeyville, warmer toward

minden. inclined to go west though. will probably end up checking out yuba. tally f---ing ho

;) :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Let me know what time.  I'm game. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

how about somewhere in the 10am range? maverick-robb/80? your turn :laughing
S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

got a small breeze right now. hopefully it won't get worse. gonna have to really layer up if it stays like this.

any other suggestions on destinations? doesn't really matter actually, i want to ride.  :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

No.  I like the idea of heading west.  That wind will mean dirt throughout the corners, but I'll just ride slower.

Had a good experience doing the Sierra Foothills ride last weekend. We've done that many times before, Colfax to Grass Valley via Dog Bar.  Traffic was almost nonexistent. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

sounds good. so, where and when---

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Your location.  10 at Robb Drive Maverik.

PAPASMURF

nice ride, GM. toward the end it got a bit chilly though. nice route.

hopefully i didn''t  slow you down too much. lol you figue out what happened?

:blackbike

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Didn't have to, really.  I had left the heated grips powered on and the angle of the bike on the slope, sitting hot, caused the fuel to expand and flood the cylinders.  The bike won't even fire when that happens, just pops.  The grips draw 4 Amps.  Had I not run the battery down, she would have started with more cranks.  But with the battery nearly gone, pop starting was the only way to get the cylinders cleared.

I left the heated grips off until we were near Bassetts.  I remembered this time when we stopped on Yuba to turn them off.  No problems.  It would probably be good for the battery if I put it on a trickle charger, just to boost it up as much as possible.  This is the second time I've done that to the battery.  Last time I left the grips on for a weekend.  Doh!

:headscratch  when did you hold me up?  You mean in Sierraville?  Not an issue mate!

Twas a pretty good little ride.  The best we can do at this time of year.  So glad the slides didn't turn ugly.

One of the highlights of the ride was the Victory rider who was shaking his head at us in bewilderment there in Sierraville.  What's the big deal?  Doesn't everyone start riding Yuba in February?   :laughing

BTW, pictures posted.