Main Menu

New Reno Eurocycle of Reno $150 labor rate!

Started by Vegasrider, February 07, 2020, 12:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

Eurocycles of Reno, off Gentry. Really nice inside and big but what dealership hangs up on a customer, especially when its the GM? "We dont need your business, take your bike someplace else" LOL. $150 labor rate? Going up from $138. And he fed me nothing but lies. Every Ducati dealership in the US will be going to $150 an hour, doesn't matter where you take it said the GM. Bunch of BS, each Duc dealership can charge whatever they want based on the market. That has been confirned by Ducati USA. Also what dealership tells a customer that they can't order your part because they don't have $250 in their shopping que? Bad enough it has to come from Italy but now I have to wait for another customer to order a part? Thats all right, I'll just call up Motocorso in Portland and they ordered it that day, plus it was priced lower. 2.5 hours to replace a left switch? I end up replacing it myself and it took less than an hour! How can yoi trust a business that comes up with lies?

True, If I dont like their price, I can certainly take my bike elsewhere. But no dealership should hang up the phone saying we don't need your business. It's not about them, or me. It's about supporting the brand/product and Eurocycle of Reno has failed miserably. I pushed thru over 100 riders last year earning their M Endorsement, most needing a bike and unfortunately I will have nothing good to say about them and will steer them someplace else when it comes to purchasing a bike, gear or service.

GreenMachine

That's why I think online user forums still have meat on the bone.  It's a great place to get knowledge about an issue or upgrade or some performance enhancement.  I don't use my phone when conversing via that medium either.  How to you explain or get advice in 140 characters or less or even from a tiny screen?  I get it. I get the convenience of having a phone to do all things, but anymore it does all things badly and nothing very well...unless it's under 140 characters or chewing through your bank account for the next new POS model.  :laughing

Give me a keyboard and a large screen with which to view my DIY forum.  Screw $150/hr shop rate!  Buy some nitrile gloves, turn on the garage radio and spend some quality time with your bike.

Sounds like Eurocycles of Reno isn't going to be getting any of your business in the near future.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

It's a shame that since this dealership was sold the quality of customer service has really suffered. You call and they tell you they will call you back..never happens. Also everyone except the GM quit! All new staff including the techs., so maybe things will improve.

Meanwhile Reno Kawasaki has been very good to me. I bought a used 2018 which was out of warranty. Mike got a defective fuel pump replaced under warranty and a clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty (cylinder my fault, sort of).

Saturday I picked up my green rocket and the store was busy. When I stopped by Eurocycle Sat afternoon, dead! Had a conversation with the GM and things will change or they will suffer.

I was in Vegas for the Mecam bike auction two weeks ago and visited Eurocyle's store, very busy and staff was on top of things.

Anyone notice that customer service is become a rare thing?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

A DRAGON

After the experience 22slow and I had with them when they first moved to Gentry.  I've never had a reason to even go by... Scooteria in San Francisco is so good and willing to help with anything.  Parts are only a day away. 

But I must say I know the shop rates have to be going up soon or later.  I remember back in the day is was $90.00 and hour.  So I know it's just going to keep going up.  I really like Zoran.  His rate is still good and I know it's done right.  He's just busy and a lot of people know about him. 

Then theirs always Motosource.  I trust Rich and he does a wonderful job and he's  fair.  But he needs to stay in business.  So I'll pay what he asks if I can't do it myself.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Vegasrider

The place is really nice and upscale, but they were really dead on a Sat afternoon when I visited the place. But with the rude GM Dave, who hangs up on customers is not the way to go. High labor rates can be justified if you are a proven shop with great customer service and support. A dealership must earn my business. Telling me that they dont need my business is going about it the wrong way. I have yet to go online and bash them on social media or do a google or yelp review.  I take my bike to Motosource all the time. I have spent thousands of dollars with them on parts and labor. Unfortunately owning a Ducati, certain things can only be performed by a factory shop.

Might be taking my bike to Salt Lake for service, $98 labor rate from  their factory shop. I have about ten hours of labor that needs to be performed, not including the parts.