Main Menu

Downieville/Monitor Pass

Started by renowingnut, October 12, 2019, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renowingnut

Has anyone made a recent ride to either Downieville or over Monitor Pass in the last few days after the snow that occurred a few weeks ago? Curious about sandy and debris on the roads to either location.

PAPASMURF

WENT 80 TO 20 TO 49 AND BACK TO DOWNIEVILLE TODAY. ABOUT 12 MILES WEST OF DOWNIEVILLE , THEY ARE AT THIS POINT REPAVING WEST BOUND FOR ABOUT 3-4 MILES(EAST BOUND DONE). REST OF THE WAY TO DOWNIEVILLE AND BEYOND IS NO PROB.

:bluebike
S1000R
R1250RS

renowingnut

Sweet, thanks PapaSmurf for the update. Unfortunately  I had a family situation I had to deal with today and so I was only able to ride to Gardnerville and back...at least it was a ride...short but good...trying to get use to a new to me R6. Different shift pedal and a bit different on the takeoff versus what I am use to on an R1.

GreenMachine

Quote from: renowingnut on October 13, 2019, 05:50:19 PM...trying to get use to a new to me R6. Different shift pedal and a bit different on the takeoff versus what I am use to on an R1.
At altitude, that's an understatement if there ever was one.

There's no replacement for displacement.   :laughing
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

renowingnut

yea the whole shift pedal is totally reversed on the R6....like there is no room for the boot to even shift or you have to dig deep to shift...but hey it's a new bike, a new adventure and a new Charley horse in the thigh for a day...but at least I was able to ride and didn't crash it so it made for a great day.

A DRAGON

Good for you renowingnut.  HOpe you like your new bike.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

renowingnut

Thanks A Dragon. What's funny is last week I cleaned the bike and thought the season was over..then today it was 60 over Monitor Pass and went for a ride with a buddy on the BMW. A little sandy and dirty, a few rocks but nothing major. The one way stoplight setup was not present this time around. Figured it was more time on the R6.

GreenMachine

Nice to see a picture from your ride.  Keep 'em coming!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.