39670 Posts in 3528 Topics - by 359 Members - Latest Member: MaxEntropy

The riding season's kicking into high gear. Sign up and enjoy the company and the roads with fellow riders.
*** 2019 SSA Ride Schedule *** | *** Mel's Diner *** | *** Wednesday Bike Night ***

Reno Weather & Interactive Weather Map
Your unread posts since last visit | Show new replies to your posts

Author Topic: Ride Aug 11th?  (Read 42 times)

Offline RedLeader

• Factory Pilot
  • 03 ZX6R, 01 SV650, 03 WR450
    • Nevada Sportbike Club
Ride Aug 11th?
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:25:58 pm »
I believe the official ride is down to Sears point to watch the races. Is anyone staying in town and riding? It's been about since I've been on a ride and I've been itching to get out. I was thinking of a doing maybe like a half day ride or something. Maybe Downeyville or Monitor.
Anyone up for a ride?
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

Offline renowingnut

• Weekend Rider
Re: Ride Aug 11th?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:51:10 pm »
I rode Monitor Pass today, when did the one way traffic light go up? I know it's temporary but good grief waiting for it to change and there is no traffic for such a short turn, you an see the turn. Rode from east to west, noticed still a lot of debris on the shoulders. Saw several other bikers out, was a good day for riding the pass.

Offline GreenMachine

• Super Moderator
  • Team Manager
  • GM
Re: Ride Aug 11th?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:52:29 pm »
A one-way on Monitor?  Hmmm.  Where was that at? 

Go out of town for two weekends and everything changes.   :-X
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.