Main Menu

Ride Aug 11th?

Started by RedLeader, August 10, 2019, 07:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLeader

I believe the official ride is down to Sears point to watch the races. Is anyone staying in town and riding? It's been about since I've been on a ride and I've been itching to get out. I was thinking of a doing maybe like a half day ride or something. Maybe Downeyville or Monitor.
Anyone up for a ride?
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

renowingnut

I rode Monitor Pass today, when did the one way traffic light go up? I know it's temporary but good grief waiting for it to change and there is no traffic for such a short turn, you an see the turn. Rode from east to west, noticed still a lot of debris on the shoulders. Saw several other bikers out, was a good day for riding the pass.

GreenMachine

A one-way on Monitor?  Hmmm.  Where was that at? 

Go out of town for two weekends and everything changes.   :-X
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

renowingnut

It was on the west end of 89. I went from Topaz down 395 to 89 and dropped into Markleville. There is a bend that they were working on and there was a traffic light out in the middle of nowhere...and waited and waited and waited. There were several cars just waiting...all for some new guard railing and whatever else they were doing. It was on a Sunday so no one was working  there. It was strange....

GreenMachine

I'll look for it.

Should have done that ride on Sunday.

Dammit!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.