Main Menu

VC ride tomorrow June 23rd, truck route laps

Started by Team Gorgonzola, June 22, 2019, 09:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Yo...leaving Maverick at 9:30am. A couple of laps on the truck route. Then coffee.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

GreenMachine

I'd like to do the scheduled ride too.  I'd like to, if anyone else is interested.

C U at the Mav.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

did vc yesterday. heading out to sierraville and beyond. should be there by 930 or sooner.

tally f-ing ho :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

I arrived late despite my best efforts.  They had already departed, so I figured I'd just catch up to the two of them.  Finally saw TG coming up the truck route, but didn't see Ps, so I turned around.  We made several more passes, before stopping to take some action shots.

Then it was back home, sort of.  TG probably went home, but I set out to look for Ps.  Went past Bullard's Bar, but no German bike.  He must have gone to Allegany.  Came back to Reno, then decided to get fuel, which meant taking the VC truck route again.  Passed a nice couple on their Goldwing headed to VC via the car route.  Didn't see them again.  And still no sighting of Ps.

But it was still a productive day.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Certainly was. I set out to run 2 laps..did 3. GM is a great riding mate, and a hard one to keep up with. Just a lovely Sunday morning.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

GreenMachine

I got a chuckle out of the couple in the car that slowed down to see if we were alright.  I had my giant camera in my hand and my bike was clearly parked off the roadway.  Was it assumed we crashed?  We weren't going that fast.  The speed limit is 45 MPH, not 25, as they were doing. 

Next time I'll ask the question back to them.  Are YOU alright?  Because at the speed you were going the butterflies were passing you.
:laughing

p.s. pics posted, BTW.

A DRAGON

Yo SSA crew. Sorry I missed everyone.  I was Camping at Stampede reservoir  all weekend with 22slow, We got up there on Friday  Night.  Slept in the back of my pick up with a real fluffy air mattress.  Froze most of the night.  Couldn't get the generator stared in the morning so no Moca's in the  morning.  Went out  on the boat of a friends. Looking forward to riding this weekend. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750