Main Menu

Birding in the Age of Dinosaurs 04/26/19

Started by GreenMachine, March 29, 2019, 01:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Event is free if you RSVP and limited to the first 100 people.  April 26, 2019,  5PM - 10 PM @ Great Basin Taps in Tanks
Click here.
Great Basin Brewing Co. Taps & Tanks
1155 South Rock Boulevard
Reno, NV 89502

I'm going.

Birding in the Age of Dinosaurs

Dr. Luis Chiappe

Thousands of spectacular fossil birds--many containing plumage, gut contents, and other rarely preserved features--have been recently unearthed from rocks of the Age of Dinosaurs in China. Dr. Chiappe will review this magnificent ancient aviary and explain how these fossils clarify our understanding of early evolution of birds. Luis Chiappe is an Argentine paleontologist born in Buenos Aires who is best known for his discovery of the first sauropod nesting sites in the badlands of Patagonia in 1997. He is currently the Vice President of Research and Collections at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County and director of the museum's Dinosaur Institute.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Ha!  They saved the best for last, a 5-gallon keg & serveral fossils have been added. This is one time I actually don't care if I win the beer.