Main Menu

April 7 Quick Ride

Started by RenoRider75, April 08, 2019, 05:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

I couldn't let the perfect weather yesterday go by without getting out on the bike.  Went up Geiger through Virginia City, down the Truck Route (which is clean and beautiful now), out to Highway 50, east to Dayton, had lunch, and then back down to Carson and up Old 395.  I was B pace up Geiger having a ton of fun on the freshly-cleaned road (I ride it almost every day since I basically live on Geiger), and then C pace everywhere else since I hate running into ice melt sand mid-turn.  Being a slow C pace ride down the truck route and down through Silver City I finally stopped at a mining shack I've always wanted to see.  There was a lot of bird poop everywhere so I didn't want to walk around inside and kick up too much dust, but I managed to get photos of the old equipment.  I need to take Sara's adventure bike out sometime and explore more of these places; there are a lot of cool things to see in Nevada if you get off the beaten path.

On the way home I stopped at Washoe Lake.  I think the water level is higher now than I have ever seen it before.  It's above the level of the parking lot on the north end and basically at the level of the parking lot on the south end.  Another foot of water and it will be flowing out onto 580.

I hope some others got out on Sunday!  It was a bit windy but otherwise beautiful riding weather.  Here's hoping that the 2019 riding season kicks off soon.   ;D

GreenMachine

Nice ride report!  Let's see what the weather's like this weekend.  We also have a GP race on Sunday, Austin.  RG500nut's there again this year.   I think he's becoming a Marquez fan, with Marc winning every Austin GP he's entered thus far and expected to win again this year.  Go Marc!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

My favorite Marquez moment took place at Laguna Seca:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-FD76BwB08

He "pulled a Rossi" in the corkscrew, basically doing to Rossi what Rossi did to Stoner back in 2008.   :o

These guys are all crazy, lol.  Should be a fun race to watch!  I still have to watch the WorldSBK Aragon races; just finished Thailand Race 2 last night.

GreenMachine

I want to say I was at that corner when it happened, running over the top to see most of the rest of the race, then back and forth to see the corkscrew.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.