Main Menu

72* in the Central Valley on Sunday. Going over.

Started by GreenMachine, March 13, 2019, 01:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

There's a six hour window of opportunity where Truckee will be above 42*.  That's tolerable for brief periods, but many riders cannot tolerate the windchill.  Keep that in mind.

Ride route isn't complicated.  KSU 11:00 North Route departure.  Doing the Sierra Foothills loop:
Hwy 80 west to Colfax (63* @ noon), Placer Hills road north to Dog Bar to Grass Valley/Nevada City...etc.  Play around in the area for a bit, but need to be headed out of the area by 5:00 PM and home by 6:30 PM.

California is all greened up from the continuous moisture, so the air should be sweet with the scent of flowers and grasses.  Bring a camera for some great shots of your bike.

Pace will be C; easy, all riders welcome.

RSVP please.  :assimliate
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Yeah it's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Thank god it's about time. But supposed to snow again next week and into the last week of March; but just try not to think about that part yet.

I'm headed down to Buttonwillow for AFM round 1.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Fill your tank before the start this time.   :laughing
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

I'm game for a ride on Sunday.  My family has a St. Patty's dinner planned that I'll be headed to at 5:30, so I'll need to take off from Grass Valley no later than 5:25PM.   :laughing

I'll probably head out of there around 4 or 4:30 so that I can make my dinner.  I was going to say to wear some green on the ride, but then I remembered who I am talking to.   ;D

GreenMachine

RenoRider75

Thanks for planning out a great route, GM!  It was a very pleasant day to ride, with mid-70's in the valley.  Going over the pass was a little cool in the morning, but really not bad.

I was tending to a hangover Sunday morning, so we ended up leaving Starbucks a little later than planned.  We met up with a couple who had a much more interesting morning than we had...  A guy and his girlfriend were riding 2-up on a ZX-10R, and after talking with them we found out she had purchased a brand new motorcycle on Saturday afternoon...  and then rode it through a fence on Sunday morning.  For pulling a wheelie and crashing through a fence, she actually seemed fine and in good spirits.  GM talked to them a bit longer while I was filling up with gas, and he mentioned the SSA to them so hopefully we'll see some new faces on here soon.

We left for Colfax, and the ride was cool but not cold.  We only had one incident with traffic coming to a sudden stop for no apparent reason, so we were both able to test out our brakes before getting off of I-80 and into the hills.  :)  At one point, GM turned around to see if I needed to stop or if I was good.  I gave the thumbs-up and then realized about 30 seconds later that all the coffee I drank earlier was having its effect.  We stopped at the Donner rest stop, and marveled at the amount of snow up there - for being mid-March it was unbelievable.

We continued to Colfax and hit Placer Hills Road, Dog Bar Road, and a few other really fun roads to enjoy the spring weather and take some photos.  We stopped at a really cool stone walking bridge over a river for some photos; it was great to see some green!  The rivers are all muddy right now, I'm guessing because of all the run-off from the heavy winter we had.  After photos, we stopped at TJ's Roadhouse for lunch, which was excellent, and then continued to Nevada City to fill with gas before heading home.  We couldn't have asked for better riding weather, so thanks for the fun GM!

GreenMachine

Nice pics and great write up.  That camera of yours captures art!

:chilling A chill SSA ride that was just fun fun fun!

A DRAGON

Wow guys.  That looked really nice. I feel ya wanting to ride.  Maybe I'll come out early this year because 22slow can't wait till June like me.  I really hate the sand on the roads this time of the year.  Probably should get in some slow days before I hit the track anyways.  Thanks for the pics guys.  It looked great. 

Thanks Green Machine for the WSBK round at your house.  Really enjoyed the race,  food and company.  Your a good President!!!!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750