Main Menu

Let's go north ride on Sunday.

Started by GreenMachine, September 01, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

The scheduled ride is Ebbetts and Sonora passes, but I'm not feeling it for those.  Done Ebbetts a couple of times this year already and Sonora may still be closed for fire cleanup.  And besides, I'm thinking along the lines of jumping the gun for next week's ride and going to Bucks or La Porte.  Do it while the weather is ideal.

So north route.  Sunday.  KSU 9:30 AM.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

:blackbike

sounds good. going that direction today, at least part of it. will stop at sierraville for gas, then take off, should be there by 10-1030,
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

no. not even close. my brothers used to call me iron pants. but since i have gotten to know YOU, i am

cotton pants and you are iron pants. sounds like a good time about to happen.

S1000R
R1250RS

PAPASMURF

care to meet up at that new maverick at robb dr. gas was .20 cheaper than the mccarran pl.

and there is a 4-bucks across the street. telling a guy like you about a coffee place who does

not even drink coffee :rotflmao :rotflmao

just a thought.
S1000R
R1250RS

A DRAGON

22slow and l are in for tomorrow.  Let's meet at Java Jungle at 9:00 as usual.

I was actually thinking of Downiville.  We're game just to ride.So anywhere is fine.  We'll check in the morning if we're meeting at The Jungle.     
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It don't matter to me.  I don't eat or drink anything at The Jungle or Maverik.  I'll say this though, The Jungle in the morning is 50% bums and the parking is always at a premium.  The venue is nice, but if you don't find a spot to park withing 1/4 mile, it's a PITA.  :o  I think I'll top off at Costco in the AM, then head over to Maverik, unless PS decides otherwise.

Sounds like a good group so far.  Looking forward to it!

PAPASMURF

oh yeah baby

GM you are so eloquent with that description of JJ's. i'll see you at maverick. yeah does sound like a fun group.

going to top off in sierraville anyway. then i'm good for another 200 miles. :blackbike :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

A pleasant little ride today.  Even had a local in La Porte, drunk mind you, buy tonics for us. 

Then we did a lap on La Porte, which was deserted, headed up to Bucks for some 4 wheeling fun.  True.  True.   :o  Got dirt in my boot helping Ps unstuck his bike.   :o :o :laughing  Now at the farthest point from home, we cooled off with some refreshments before making a beeline for home.

The roads were surprising clean today.  Just some heavy gravel/sand in the usual spots, but overall really good grip for miles and miles.

Good ride today everyone!

PAPASMURF

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!

absolute EPIC ride. 393 miles total. what a blast with the master. hope 22 enjoyed herself for what it is worth.

S1000R
R1250RS

A DRAGON

22slow and l enjoyed our ride we split off and rode  to Nevada City. Again ate at Tofenellis.  What a wonderfull spot for Lunch.  Really took our time coming home.  MET Green Machine for a scrimshaw at Shenanagain's.  Thank again for the good company.  I'm out  next week l think.  I'll keep you posted Green Machine
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750