Main Menu

Roll call: Sonoma MotoAmerica August 10-12

Started by A DRAGON, August 07, 2018, 11:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Who's all going to Sonoma? I'll be at turn 9 Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  I'll have my cooler and cold drinks.  If you come out look for me.  Thinking of taking the bicycles to get around the track.
Very excited to come out to the races.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

I'll be there. Probably mostly hanging around in that same area as well. I think it's the best place to watch, along with up above T2.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Trying to get arrangements finalized.  Ticket prices seem higher this year.  I'm hoping we don't get stuck in Vallejo again.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Ha!

Got reservations in Petaluma, about 800 feet from the Lagunitas Brewery.  What a coincidence.  Will be dining there on Saturday night (30 miles north of Sears Point Raceway).

:cheers
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Packed, tickets printed, and ready for some riding and some racing!

Looks like the main fires in that area are near Clear Lake, which we can stay south of.  Thinking Navarro to hwy 1.   :popcorn

GreenMachine

Great weekend.  Never saw Dub.  Hung out on the coast for part of the trip with RG.  Whatever we wanted to do, then ran down to Lakeville for Chinese food. 

After the races though, I've come to the conclusion that none of us are applying ourselves properly.  Cameron Beaubier was fishtailing the bike out of turn 8 with the wheel in the air while turning the bike and landing the tire midway down the downhill straightaway before backing it into turn 9, was a treat to watch.   :o

dub

I watched a couple sessions from that gazebo thing above T9, but I spent almost the entire weekend hanging out at the Keigwins RV that was parked above T8a.

It was a good weekend, weather was totally perfect. Saw some pretty good racing, but some meh racing too.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

22SLOW

"After the races though, I've come to the conclusion that none of us are applying ourselves properly....."

Green Machine, you're right...I am not applying myself to my full potential. I'm going up to the truck route (turn 9) & practice.
I'm gonna make a video "WATCH THIS"
Thanks for the encouragement....you're the best :GrnWheelie :GrnWheelie 

GreenMachine

A DRAGON

:thumbup :clap  What a great weekend at the track.  Thanks to all who came out.  We had Pizza on Sunday that Suzanne and I picked up for Green Machine and RG.   It was right on time. 

TURN 9 was fantastic.  Coming out of dragging knee into a wheelie and down a hill to the slowest turn in the Track. Wow!!!   Just really enjoyed me peeps. 

Green Machine your right too.  I'm going to Turn 9 this weekend and practice my sorry behind to live up to your exceptions.  I've been a Squid for way to long. Thanks for pushing me to get better.  Your the best.
:GrnWheelie :GrnWheelie   WATCH THIS!!!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750