Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

ride Aug 5

Started by rg500nut, August 04, 2018, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

RG may be in mood for a ride, it has cooled enough for "fat boy" to ride...............anyone interested??????????????
2 strokes always...............

A DRAGON

I'm interested.  Didn't get my tyres changed out today.  So I'm on the SV650. JUST LET ME KNOW WHERE WERE MEETING AT.

I'm up for South or North?  :sharktank

We should probably bring our swimming trunks
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Can I bum along too?  I wasn't feeling it for Sunday's ride, with all the nasty smoke, but maybe if we head south we'll get a break from some of it.

The scheduled ride is over Sonora or Ebbetts, but I'm not crazy on that idea.  Don't want to swim either if it's going to be smokey.  A shorter ride than that would be something I'd be more interested in.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

sorry, after posting up but something has come up and RG is going to have to pass, maybe next week.

have fun if u go......
2 strokes always...............

A DRAGON

RG!!!  It's Cool. Next time.  Yo Green Machine.  Let's meet at Java Jungle. That way we can "Roll Out" either way.  I'll be there by 9.   
I'll be on the SV.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I was thinking along the same lines.  C U at 9 then.

https://thejunglereno.com/
246 W 1st St, Reno, NV 89501

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Think I (we) may go out for a short ride this AM.   Didnt do anything yesterday condition were so bad but looking much better today.  RG if you still wanted to get out we'll be at Maverick base of geiger 9:30.  Ride to VC then the do the six mile canyon/truck route loop.   Maybe well see you guys.
Live long and prosper \V/

Vegasrider

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 05, 2018, 07:58:21 AM
I was thinking along the same lines.  C U at 9 then.

https://thejunglereno.com/
246 W 1st St, Reno, NV 89501

Where you riding? Im still at home debating, bike needs gas and JJ is not an ideal meet up spot for me

Vegasrider

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 05, 2018, 08:12:38 AM
Think I (we) may go out for a short ride this AM.   Didnt do anything yesterday condition were so bad but looking much better today.  RG if you still wanted to get out we'll be at Maverick base of geiger 9:30.  Ride to VC then the do the six mile canyon/truck route loop.   Maybe well see you guys.

I rode to VC yesterday for lunch, the main street was closed due to Hot Aug Nights.  Might see you there at the Maverick

TedG

Ran into A DRAGON and the others in Genoa. Rode with them for only a few miles because I was going to Jackson. They should have went with me, it was a beautiful day, only hot and smokey near Jackson,
but most of the ride was really nice, great temps.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

GreenMachine

It was great that you could deviate from your ride a little to join us today Ted.  Although, I told Dragon and Wills, you guys owe me.  We passed a buddy who was coming out of one of the ranchettes near Luther Creek, just before you three turned off of Jack's Valley Rd/Fairview Lane onto Fredricksberg Rd and turned it up on that last section.  He was blasting and shadowing me in the 45 & 35 MPH zones waiting for me to do something.   Meanwhile you guys disappeared and he seemed oblivious to the faster riders up ahead, which I don't know how he didn't measure all that out.   I'd figured he grow bored with me and blast on around to go after the greener pastures up ahead of me, you guys.

When I passed the last row of houses on Frederiskberg Rd, you guys were just going out of site over the crest in the distance.  Nothing happened though.  He just seemed content focusing on the slow straggler at the back.

As it turned out, the route we took to Markleeville had us on a collision course with some other SSA riders, so that was an unexpected bonus.  Other than the annoying and unhealthy smoke, it was a really fun ride day.

But it would be fun to hook up with you with some other ride in the future.  Let's hope.  8)

GreenMachine

At the end when we left from the stop light before the VC highway roundabout, by the time i made old 395 you guys weren't in sight. Not wanting to leave you guys, I took the Double R offramp, just missing the light at the bottom.  Long light.  Thought the onramp on the other side would make a good hangout spot, but you guys must have already passed by then.  I didn't want to stop on the shoulder on 580; too risky.  My plan didn't work, but it was good to know that you all made it home safe.  8)

Good riding today, even with all the traffic.  So much traffic today.   :(

wills

Thanks to Dragan I'm having nightmares of Russian women wearing Depends!👀
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

A DRAGON

You know what was really scary?  When she blew you a kiss between toys.  :doggy
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650