Main Menu

Harley Dyna vs BMW GS at Thunderhill

Started by dub, July 03, 2018, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

eskiemong

That looks like fun. Who wants to go to trackday?  ;D

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: eskiemong on July 04, 2018, 08:08:29 AM
Me, me!! Gotta familiarize myself with the Multi on a close course situation; hav'nt been on he track 6+ years...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

dub

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 04, 2018, 01:03:22 PM
Me, me!! Gotta familiarize myself with the Multi on a close course situation; hav'nt been on he track 6+ years...

If you go to a Keigwins day let me know so I can try to be there. Last time we rode on track together your 916 let the smoke out right in front of me.

eskiemong

So I'm torn between the Ridge with Keigwins on 14/15 (next weekend) or T-hill with Z2.  Would love to try out the Ridge but it's too far away and looks like no one is up for a long trip.  I'd do either one if anyone's interested!  I have a trailer etc.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: dub on July 04, 2018, 04:17:48 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 04, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

If you go to a Keigwins day let me know so I can try to be there. Last time we rode on track together your 916 let the smoke out right in front of me.
Yes, it threw a rod and blew the motor. It was still  the 853 (748 with a Fast by Ferracci kit) and I replaced the motor with a 996.
Great memories (kinda)

-Hunter S. Thompson-

RichVee4

Not what you'd expect from a GS or Harley rider.  GS has some power, guy likes his wheelies.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Quote from: eskiemong on July 04, 2018, 10:08:57 PM
So I'm torn between the Ridge with Keigwins on 14/15 (next weekend) or T-hill with Z2.  Would love to try out the Ridge but it's too far away and looks like no one is up for a long trip.  I'd do either one if anyone's interested!  I have a trailer etc.
Eskiemong, with some advance notice, you should start a new thread for your idea in the 2018 Trackdays area.  You'll get more exposure since the title will hang at the top of both that section and on the main page.

Just an idea.  Bump it too to spark interest.  I know there are many track junkies in the wings, that occasionally check in here to see what's going on.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 07, 2018, 08:54:15 AM
Do these two riders know each other?
I thinknthe guy on the GS is Cory Call

-Hunter S. Thompson-

RedLeader

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 14, 2018, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on July 07, 2018, 08:54:15 AM
Do these two riders know each other?
I thinknthe guy on the GS is Cory Call

Yep, Cory Call. I guess the HP4 and S1000RR were making things a bit easy and he wanted more of a challenge :)
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RedLeader

As for the trackdays, I just did one on 7/6 with Kegwins and it was great. I will probably try to do another one at Thunderhill again once the weather drops below the 100 degree mark again. We lucked out when I was there and it remained overcast the whole time, keeping temps in the high 80's to low 90's. It was just about perfect.
Ill try to post up here next time I'm going to go and see if anyone might be interested in coming along/pitting together.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

dub

GreenMachine

I'm glad I reserved judgement then.  ;D  Probably A group too.  It's not clear, but I'd guess.

I'm so used to B group, where rules seem to be for other riders to follow, it's unnerving to have riders you don't know riding that close to you.