Main Menu

2018 Track Days / Race-related Excursions

Started by RenoRider75, February 18, 2018, 07:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

Sara and I bought a toy hauler so I'm looking to take advantage of it this year.  I'd love to do Thunderhill again this year, but it'd be great just to go out with the SSA to wherever anyone goes for a track day.  We're also headed to World Superbike again in July, so if anyone is going down too post up and we can do an SSA ride to Cannery Row too.  :)

dub

Book an RV spot at Sonoma for the MotoAmerica race August 11/12. It was a good time last year.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Keep priming the well.  I know there are more than a few who would probably find interest in trackdays if only others went too.

As for WSBK in July, I know there will be at least two others who have sites reserved there, maybe three.  It's always a good time and looking forward to it, personally.  :thumbup 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

eskiemong

I will be at T-hill with Keigwins on August 4/5, and September 15/16.  I don't think dub is going to be there on Aug 4/5 though...

RedLeader

You should still have fun with Keigwins. They are a good company and put on a good track day. There are quite a few Reno guys who usually go out. I dont know if any of them are on the form here though.

I was thinking of trying to do one in September, but I realized I will be in school and wont have much time for riding. I think I'm going to try to make a day on either the weekend of 8/18-8/19 (Z2) or 8/25-8/26 (PTT). Don't know if I will have enough energy to do both days or just one. We will see.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

eskiemong

I'm 70% sure I'm going to Z2 on 18/19.  I'm bringing a trackday newbie (if they actually commit).  I'm already signed up for the first weekend of August with Keigwins.

eskiemong

August 4/5 (Keigwins) and August 18/19 (Z2) confirmed.. Anyone else?  :D

RedLeader

Since you are going, Ill try really hard to make the 18th or 19th (probably not both). I should probably put a new clutch in before as it was just starting to slip the last time I was out.
Did your friend commit to the Z2 day as well? My first ever track day was with Z2 and they are great for beginners. Super friendly.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

dub

My next day wont be until AFM friday at Sonoma 8/31.

RedLeader

Quote from: dub on July 25, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
My next day wont be until AFM friday at Sonoma 8/31.

This the mid-summer holiday?

eskiemong

Quote from: RedLeader on July 25, 2018, 12:38:45 PM
Since you are going, Ill try really hard to make the 18th or 19th (probably not both). I should probably put a new clutch in before as it was just starting to slip the last time I was out.
Did your friend commit to the Z2 day as well? My first ever track day was with Z2 and they are great for beginners. Super friendly.

Yep! They have committed.  It's Ladies VIP day on Saturday too, so it will probably be as good as it gets for a first timer for her. 

dub

Quote from: RedLeader on July 25, 2018, 02:26:58 PMThis the mid-summer holiday?

Yeah, immediately following my spring and early summer holiday.

eskiemong

We met up with RedLeader at T-Hill on Sunday.  It was a very eventful day.  We all had a great time!

GreenMachine

So not as bad as many might think with the heat and smoke from the fires?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

eskiemong

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 20, 2018, 08:59:16 PM
So not as bad as many might think with the heat and smoke from the fires?

It was a bit smoky but not too bad.  It really was not bad at all for a 100 degree weather.