Main Menu

Anyone looking to become a MSF Rider Coach?

Started by Vegasrider, December 02, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

The Nevada Rider Motorcycle Safety Program will be conducting their MSF Rider Coach Preparation Class for 2018 beginning  April 20th.  The classes are three consecutive weekends, Fri night thru Sunday in Carson City.  Looking to see if any riders on this forum would be interested.  You must have a NV DL, unless you are in the military and have had a M endorsement for at least two years.  Good driving/riding record is a must and you must regularly ride a motorcycle.  There are great benefits once you become an instructor, such as discounts for parts and safety gear.  50% discounts on Arai helmets, and most other gear at dealer cost.  Once you are certified, you can coach at the local collages or even at Harley, Chester's or Battle Born and get paid! You can even teach for the state, and teach out in Elko and other rural communities. 

Please click on the link below and you can obtain additional information.  Please post up if you have any questions or you may PM me.   

http://www.nevadarider.com/become-an-instructor/

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Jerome is literally the perfect candidate: lots of free time, skilled motorcyclist, highly personable, desire to help others
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Vegasrider

I agree, you'd be great.  The hardest part is getting certified.  But once you're a coach, all you have to do is teach four classes every two years to maintain your certification.  To be honest, if you do get certified, you won't have an opportunity to teach that many classes the first year as the classes go out to bid who are eligible to teach.  I was fortunate to teach 3-4 classes last season.  This year, I plan on coaching around 2-3 times a month.  I really need the money, my Ducati is so freaking expensive to operate. 

Vegasrider

Bump.....crunch time.  There are six candidates signed up, still room for a few more.