Main Menu

Reno to Brewing Lair Blairsden, CA

Started by RichVee4, October 01, 2017, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

SL and I finished off the Adv riding season with another epic adv ride. 110 miles of rocky, dusty, gnarly dirt roads from Reno to the Brewing Lair in Blairsden.  The reward of BBQ and beer made it all worth it.  Girls meet us there and graciously towed the trailer so we could hitch a ride home.

Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

Found another way to La Port, one of the longest rockiest hill climbs I've ever done.  Never actually saw La Port, wanst on our route, didnt see much of anything other than trees and dirt.   Got pretty close to a lighting fire that they are managing.  Our road was the fire line and saw a number of crew monitoring.

GreenMachine

Thanks again SL!  Got the story about this first hand.  :angel
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

You would have loved it, the rocky hill climbs would have been great for your slicks. 

GreenMachine

Rock garden hill climbs are always my specialty as a solution seeker.  I see.  I watch others.  I figure out a way around.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 02, 2017, 07:06:12 AM
I figure out a way around.

Not this time, it was such a long sustained rock garden, the only "way around" would have been to back track. It was a good fun challenge though, not overly difficult just much longer of a rock garden climb than I've done before.

RichVee4

I was looking at our recorded track details and it gives a better idea of how much hill climbing we did in 110 miles.   There were two large drainages we crossed, Yuba and at Poker Flat.  All told we climbed over 13,670 feet.