Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Off Ramp

Started by MikeHoy, September 24, 2017, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHoy

I'm at Buttonwillow, Configuration 13, CW.  Off Ramp is giving me all kinds of trouble.  This is a compilation of different lines I took through this complex corner. 

After watching the video, I note that I can carry much more speed in, trailing the brake to the top of the vee, to line up for the second apex, a huge exit to that short straight called I-5.  Also, the inside line is much more defensive.  If you take the outside line, make sure you close the door as you exit.

Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

Sunday's and every time you hugged in inner corner seemed fastest to me. 

Holy cow.  Nice editing BTW. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: MikeHoy on September 24, 2017, 04:14:46 PMI note that I can carry much more speed in, trailing the brake to the top of the vee, to line up for the second apex,

Correct, because the top of the vee is the slowest part of the corner. Using your brakes to the slowest part of the corner will give you the quickest entry.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

MikeHoy

Ah, nice.  The Ken Hill vocabulary.
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582