Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Track day videos

Started by MikeHoy, September 24, 2017, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHoy

Kermit (it's not easy being green) suggested that I need to post a bunch of videos and stuff in order to access Sunday club ride videos, so... 

Here are a few laps from Buttonwillow last weekend.  My last trip to Buttonwillow was February 18, 2017.  It did not go well.  In practice two, I crashed exiting the Bus Stop, broke my clavicle and eight ribs.  My best time on this track (Configuration 13, CW) was 2:12.  I went back with the goal to break 2:06, only because that was the best time put up by a few buddies at the last AFM round there.  So, by session III, I was solid at 2:05s.  I'm so stoked about my gains this summer.

Anyway, here are a couple laps from that early Saturday session. 

So, the video is lagging behind the GPS (and, therefore, the speedometer and track blip).  Not sure what's up with my camera. 

Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

That was awesome!  Why haven't you posted before, is my only question.   :thumbup :clap
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

MikeHoy

I did not see SSA as focused on track riding.  It seems like the forum is not used to coordinate track days at all.

For what it is worth, my next track day is Oct 9, Thunderhill East, Fun Track Dayz.  There's room in the trailer for a second bike.

Mike
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

dub

Quote from: MikeHoy on September 25, 2017, 07:48:52 AMI did not see SSA as focused on track riding.

It's pretty much just me.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: MikeHoy on September 25, 2017, 07:48:52 AM
I did not see SSA as focused on track riding.  It seems like the forum is not used to coordinate track days at all...
Mostly true.  It takes a concerted effort and resources for someone from Reno to find a track close enough to make it worth their while.  We've had fewer and fewer on here that participate in trackdays as time goes on.

When RFR was open for business, it made such efforts a lot more practical.  Afterwards though, those who loved trackdays seemed to make an effort for as long as they could, but I think between the cost and time consumed in travel, it became too impractical.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Here are my on-boards from last AFM round at Sonoma. I got some more vidoe from Thill last round, just need to go through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzrFjQ_Obgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOzxg2kLUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=250TF8dHs0s

MikeHoy

Sweet!  I just started AFM this summer.  I had a nasty off in Round One, missed Round Two for injuries, missed Sunday Round Three for mechanical, missed Sunday Round Four for vacation, Rounds Five and Six for work....  Maybe Chuckwalla in January?

Love to meet you.  I've only been riding bikes two years (18 months on track) and need all the coaching I can get.   

Mike
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

eskiemong

Cool videos!! I will be at Thunderhill October 14, 15. Keigwins West.  I think Sunday is reverse configuration...

dub

Quote from: MikeHoy on September 25, 2017, 09:53:28 PM
Sweet!  I just started AFM this summer.  I had a nasty off in Round One, missed Round Two for injuries, missed Sunday Round Three for mechanical, missed Sunday Round Four for vacation, Rounds Five and Six for work....  Maybe Chuckwalla in January?

Love to meet you.  I've only been riding bikes two years (18 months on track) and need all the coaching I can get.   

Mike

Bummer about the crash/mechanical. Rough season. I definitely wanna get down to race a CVMA round, but no plans as of right now. It has to be a weekend with nice weather up here, not interested in towing the trailer for hours through snow on 395.

You can always tell what track days I will be at by clicking Rider's List, and scrolling down to instructors. http://www.keigwins.com/events_schedule.php It's not necessarily set in stone, but I try to add/remove my name as my plans change.

Quote from: eskiemong on September 26, 2017, 12:04:31 AM
Cool videos!! I will be at Thunderhill October 14, 15. Keigwins West.  I think Sunday is reverse configuration...

I plan to be there that weekend. I haven't ridden West backwards yet. Everyone seems to love it, so should be a fun weekend.

Here's another video from Rd 5 I forgot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSW0RiZ6g4

MikeHoy

The west track is a blast in either direction.  Have a great time. 
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

Dub, your bike's rear camera audio is sweet!  You should let that audio track be your main one for both forward and reverse video and the front one could be toned down or eliminated.  Great riding.  I like how you got the run on that yellow/black bike.  Nice clean move!

dub

Here's on board from one race at Thunderhill two weekends ago. I get passed by a few faster guys who started behind me because they had less points. Gridded 5th, finished 8th of 17 starters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCrf2FbiFi8

GreenMachine

Your bike was getting gobbled up on the straights and in the last S turn.  With both cameras going you could see those other bikes coming along like pests.  Although I did like the looks of that red one.  ;D

That's some close quarters racing.  But I can also see where you and the other riders were giving other riders at least some space instead of just being reckless and over aggressive.  Did anyone crash out?  Didn't look like it.

Sub-Sonic

Rd 6 vid: your front was holding up really well under hard braking, especially when you had to brake more than expected due to bikes chopping down on you at apexes, etc.  was it giving feedback?

dub

I'm heavy and my bike is slow. But I can't afford a few $k to rebuild a superbike engine every off-season, so I do the best I can with my tired stock motor.

Nobody crashed out of that race, at least from the expert field, that I can remember.

Front end is fine, I'm not even close to overloading it.