Main Menu

Harley crushing it @ Thill, then crashes in his oil spill

Started by dub, September 05, 2017, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RedLeader

He looked like it was moving pretty decently until he crashed. Where did the oil come from?
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

dub

The gasket in the the adapter for his Jagg after market oil cooler failed.

RichVee4

Thats guy sure knows how to ride his HD, never seen anyone corner a cruiser like that.   Did you have an inclination something was going to go wrong or just shooting video for him?  Pretty fast crash, good you didnt get tangled up in it, hard to see with all the smoke. 
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

I was just taking video because dragging knee on a harley is something you don't see every trackday. Just happened that was the session when it let the smoke out. That's not my first rodeo getting smoke screened and covered in oil; I know better than to turn through it. You just go straight.

GreenMachine

What a shame.  All that damage from some fairly inexpensive part failure.  Good to see he got up without injury and no other riders were collected either.

Cool to watch up to that point though.  :thumbup  Looks like the two of you were having a hoot of a ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 06, 2017, 08:31:21 AMGood to see he got up without injury and no other riders were collected either.

For sure. It's such a disaster when a bike spills oil in a pack and everyone behind him crashes too; I've seen it several times.

Sub-Sonic

That guy is obviously a track guy that has ridden more than Harley's there.
That's a good idea to go straight if caught up in that, might be tough to to do in 5a and 11.

Sub-Sonic

dub