Main Menu

Great Basin Taps and Tanks tour

Started by GreenMachine, August 25, 2017, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

UPDATE: To coincide with their regular release events, this event has been rescheduled to October 13th.
Time: 5:00 - 9:00 PM
1155 S. Rock Blvd., Suite 490
Reno, NV  89502

Come one.  Come all!

I'm in the preliminary stages of setting up a tour for SSA of Great Basin Brewing companies brewing facilities out in Sparks on "a Saturday TBD."  There shouldn't be a charge for the tour and I believe there will be sampling afterwards, so if you are not 21 y.o. yet, I'll have to check what their rules are for that.

RSVP* if you'd like to attend such an event and I'll do the legwork to make it happen.  Don't be shy.  All SSA members are welcome.

* RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

If I can make whatever Saturday it falls on I'm game.

GreenMachine

I'll try to make it work around your w/e dirt riding schedule.   8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 28, 2017, 11:59:50 AM
I'll try to make it work around your w/e dirt riding schedule.   8)

That might be tough.  Really,  when isn't a good time to ride dirt..?  :crazy

Cold beer after being in the dirt all day is the best though, so afternoon tour might work well.

RichVee4

I'm game for a local get together and touring Great Basin.  Sure the Mrs would like to come also.  If I had the option, Oct would be best.
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Sounds like something I could get into.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Okay, I've sent in my request to set a date in early October.  Our ride season technically ends the last Sunday of this month, which is September 24th.  The following Saturday (09/30) is our optional ride through Yosemite for National Parks Fee Free day. 

So let's see if we can schedule this event for the following Saturday, the first one of October, the 7th.  How does that work for you guys?

RichVee4

Promised the Mrs a three day ride that weekend 6-8.  The next two weekend after that are open.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

I was considering the overnight dirt ride to the Brewing Lair in Blairsden that weekend. But from the sounds of it Rich will not make that one, I'm still on the fence and could go either way but if you have to move it for others I will probably try and make the Blairsden dirt ride that weekend and the Great Basin Brewing tour if you schedule it another weekend.

GreenMachine

Would the 14th work better then?

SL, if you're going to be up in Blairsden at another beer festival that weekend, I'll have to post up a ride through there then.  I've never stopped in that little town.  Always wanted to, but never had any reason to. 

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 14, 2017, 07:23:54 AM

SL, if you're going to be up in Blairsden at another beer festival that weekend, I'll have to post up a ride through there then.  I've never stopped in that little town.  Always wanted to, but never had any reason to.

I can do the 14th.

The Brewing Lair is not in town (if you can call Blairsden a town), it's up a dirt road off 70. It's a pretty cool little spot, they've got great outdoor space including BBQ's to use, disc golf course and tons of open space and decks in a nice grass and wooded area.

They do an annual customer appreciation shindig with live music and the only time they allow for overnight camping on their adjacent property. My girlfriend is also willing to go via car and carry gear. If you're interested in going in some capacity whether it by car or bike. I can fill you in more at next GP viewing or if you want to grab happy hour some day at Great Basin again. My plan is to ride dirt out there, camp, then ride dirt back the next day.

GreenMachine

:thumbup

I'm eating a lot of garbage this week, since overeating and drinking this weekend didn't add anything.  Let's try for next week at Gr8 Basin.

Camping sounds like a lot of fun, a nice distraction.  I wonder how many others we can get to come up too for an overnight.  Does the Lair have a capacity for camping or reservation system we can take advantage of?

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 14, 2017, 12:07:10 PM
:thumbup

I'm eating a lot of garbage this week, since overeating and drinking this weekend didn't add anything.  Let's try for next week at Gr8 Basin.

Camping sounds like a lot of fun, a nice distraction.  I wonder how many others we can get to come up too for an overnight.  Does the Lair have a capacity for camping or reservation system we can take advantage of?
Next week is cool for great basin happy hour, I've still got so much to do having just moved along with other stuff piled on but it would be a nice break one evening.

For the Brewing Lair thing I'm trying to keep the group small. I had contacted them about doing a dirt ride there and camping. She didn't seem overwhelmingly excited on the idea but was okay with trying to work it in with their shindig thing so I told her I'd keep it among friends and not post for the entire dirt group to join.

I had contacted her a while back but still need to get back in touch as the date approaches to finalize things.

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 14, 2017, 07:23:54 AM

I'm a go if you have it on the 14th.