Main Menu

Roll Call - Downieville 07/30/17 & maybe Bucks too?

Started by GreenMachine, July 29, 2017, 08:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

North route departure.

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Should be fantastic weather for riding, though a bit hot. 

This is one of our more fun short rides (less than 190 miles), taking us up into the snow covered Sierras, with vistas, running rivers along side and warm weather to accompany for most of the day.  The group will decide if they want to take in a little more or head back.

Bring your camera if you can. Gold Lake loop should have some great picture opportunities of Sierra Buttes.

Lunch stop ideas:  Downieville or Quincy of course.  Sierraville has three choices, the diner at the T, the Mexican restaurant across the street or the deli with home made apple pies for dessert across the street from that. 

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  Expect the group to depart on the ride as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed is ready.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

I'm in green machine.  I'm bring my swimming trunks to.  I heard bucks lake is full of water. I've never seen it full. . If we go to I Donnieville a swim ride is in order.  :chilling :sharktank
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rg500nut

RG is in, spare motor in RGV failure bike, runs great, I think, we'll see, sorry

Meet you clowns in Sierraville rest stop/gas station.  If KSU @ 8:30 for you tuff guys, I should be waiting on you in Sierraville.

please text if an issue in the AM.

RG
2 strokes always...............

A DRAGON

I HAVE AN ISSUE. .........  STAYING A LITTLE LONGER TO HAVE MY COFFAAAAA
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

I'm injured. Unfortunate Go Karting accident resulting in bruised ribs.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I suppose I should get to Starbucks early then, so as to get the coffee-talk started earlier than later.

I'll try to remember the swim trunks too.  Gonna be as hot there as here tomorrow.

A DRAGON

ILL TRY AND GET THERE A LITTLE EARLIER TO.
GOTTA CHECK OUT THE COFFAAAA CUSTOMERS.

I ALSO HAVE MY FRIEND FROM ARGENTINA  is PLAYING AT THE SANDS ON SUNDAY FROM 6 TILL 8..MAYBE DUB'S FRIEND FROM JAPAN CAN MEET US THERE. And BRING HIS PING PONG TABLE
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

wills

Will be on Bucks Lake...hope to see you mugs up there!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

MikeHoy

Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 29, 2017, 09:50:02 PM...MAYBE DUB'S FRIEND FROM JAPAN CAN MEET US THERE. And BRING HIS PING PONG TABLE[/b]

:rotflmao
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Last time I checked, Downieville was about 89 miles from where we start.  Double that is 178.  My odometer must be broken.  It's well over double that.  :angel

A DRAGON

WHAT FANATIC RIDE TODAY. WE LOGGED  IN 470 MILES. I'M ESTACTIC. MADE IT TO BUCKS LAKE AND DID 162 ALL THE WAY TO OROVILLE. CAME BACK ON MAYSVILLE ROAD OVER BULLARD'S BAR. CHILLED IN DONNIEVILLE. THEN  BACK  TO  QUINCY. THEN BACK OVER GOLD LAKES ROAD OVER YUBA PASS.  I'M EXHAUSTED.   THANKS GREEN MACHINE. ONE OF THE BEST RIDES OF MY LIFE.  GOING STRAIGHT TO BED.  :announc :GrnWheelie :GrnWheelie :GrnWheelie
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

;D

For context, since you were having happy thoughts about how glamorous my June ride was...

Cut the morning Covfefe out, start the ride six hours earlier than today, no casual lunch break like we had on the deck, just bombing it down the road and choking down food to keep your energy level up.  Let's not forget, it's 10:30 PM and you're just now getting to Nevada City on your return leg.  That's right, you won't be back home until midnight.  You get the privilege of several more hours of riding in the dark, in the mountains, playing tag with the forest critters.

Still think you wanna try one of those Bada$$ Oregon or Bust Solo rides?

A DRAGON

IT WOULD BE VERY TUFF. BUT ALL THINGS CONSIDERED THAT HAPPENED TODAY. I'M STILL HAPPY I WAS RIDING MY LITTLE TWIN. THE SOUND OF THAT MOTOR IS MUSIC TO MY EARS.  PROBABLY NOT READY FOR A RIDE LIKE YOU SUGGESTED.  NEED TO LOSE ABOUT 20 POUNDS.  BUT THANKS FOR THE INVITE. .
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750