Main Menu

Gonna cruise the Sierras tomorrow, but not looking to do corners

Started by GreenMachine, July 14, 2017, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I haven't posted up Sunday's ride, which I believe is out to Buck's Lake.  But since the road is closed and will probably be closed for another year or so with all the other higher priority projects CalTrans has on their menu, plus  the fact that it's going to be hot in Reno and in California, why post up at all.

My ride is more scenic, smell the roses, oriented, going from Truckee to Quincy and maybe take in La Porte since I haven't been on it this year yet.  Want to be home before it gets too hot and don't even know when I'll start.  Just going to go ASAP in the morning.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

RIDING JUST SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. YOU WANNA MEET AT JAVA JUNGLE? AROUND 8?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Wade68

I would be interested in this ride, but no idea where Java jungle is located!  Directions?

GreenMachine

Sorry, didn't think there would be any interest in a ride to nowhere.

JJ is 246 W 1st St, Reno, NV 89501, not far from the corner of Arlington & 1st.

I'll try to be there at 8:00.  No promises.  Might be late or I might have to catch up, plus I'll need fuel before leaving too.

To bed now.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

JUST WOKE UP.  I BE THERE AT 8.JUST CALL OR TEXT ME IF YOUR GOING TO BE LATE. I'M KOOL JUST CHILL'IN.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

PAPASMURF

gonna try and meet up also. a ride to nowhere sounds interesting, never been to YOUR nowhere. and i can listen to

the dragon speak. lol. :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

You guys are nuts.

I only have two destinations of importance and Ps, you've been on all of these roads before...just so you're not disappointed beforehand.

You guys are free to split off as you see fit.  I'll be stopping briefly just short of out Sierraville regroup spot as the first destination and 10 miles north of Quincy for the second.  At each destination I'll need about 5 minutes.

I can explain this AM.

PAPASMURF

sounds relaxing, but i will not be able to make it. mom's moving to Reno.  have to look for things. hope  you find what you're looking for. ;)
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

:dunno  You know I did.  A bit of a hot sinker out there, but I think I have a new favorite lunch spot in Quincy.  Dragon said things needed more flavor, but not me.  I loved it, plus I was starving.

Where'd you end up going?

We're all back.  Dragon didn't get his fix, so he propositioned to go see Transformers, whatever that is.  I think it's a kids movie.  No way!

Put the fan to the bike to give it some additional cooling in the garage, instead of just letting it bath in 200 degree water and gonna hit the shower to get cleaned up and feel normal again.

PAPASMURF

fish and chips place. they serve burgers and what not also. never had a better pastrami and swiss as there.
sat outside in the shade with breeze blowing, was great. waited for you guys to come by, but....... so i went back.
stopped in sierraville, then back. no traffic to speak of, good pace. not a good day overall though.
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

We'll have to try that place next time. 

Must have been a miscommunication.  Dragon made it sound like it was our option to eat at the organics place or try somewhere else.  Being a gambler from Reno, I thought let's try here.  Kinda of figured you'd ride by after you did lunch, but the riding was over anyway. 

Got news on Bucks.  Good news.  Remember how on La Porte road & hwy 49 where there was a section on each that had been washed out and repaired into a one lane with stop signs?  Well, they've done the same to Bucks as well, so now the road is open with the delay. We won't have to dirt bike it and risk dumping the bike into a pit anymore.  :egyptian

A DRAGON

Papasmurf GM and I were looking for you to come by after your lunch. Sorry we missed you.  No disrespect on you I just wanted something lighter that wasn't fried. After bursting my zipper I really need to eat lighter.  That spot was ok. Just needed more flavor. But the excitement of something new was  also good.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to ride on a Saturday. It's always a good day to be on a bike. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

First thing I've found in my new food eating habits is to ween yourself off of stereotypical additives, like ranch dressing and get in touch with what your body craves; if it's natural plain old vegetables, go for it.

Sugar snap peas are a good example to begin with.  Wash and eat, just like baby carrots.  Take it from your new pup.  Sugar snap peas rock!  One thing will lead to another, with less and less stereotypical goop added to your foods.  My body now craves most vegetables plain, organic mixed kale or green salad isn't eaten in a bowl anymore for the most part, just in handfuls straight from the Hefty bag, until the craving is satisfied...which anymore is probably several large salad bowls full.  Not great for etiquette, but okay at home when no one is there to comment.  Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I keep a stock of organic apples in the house too for those meals where I'm not terribly hungry, but could use a little to get by.  Before you know it, a few months will have passed and the bathroom scale's springs won't be screaming uncle; that old show-suit of yours will fit on baggy too.

PAPASMURF

hard to eat foods food when you REALLY want MEAT! how's that?CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE? LOL

yeah good to hear you again. :bowdown had a good ride. till next time you all. think i am going to try

PJ'S wed. never been there, well, once 15 yrs or more ago. don't remember too much anyway. see what

turns up. :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

A DRAGON

ILL MET YOU THERE ON WEDNESDAY SMURF. I MIGHT HAVE THE KIDS.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750