Main Menu

Chest And Back Protector

Started by renowingnut, July 04, 2017, 04:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renowingnut

I know it's more of a personal preference, looking around at chest and back protectors and looking at Forcefield and Knox. I am well aware of Knox, wondering if anyone has had any experience with Forefield protectors....or any other suggestions.

GreenMachine

So you know you're not being ignored...

I have no experience with either.  The one I wear under my suit is from Icon.  I'd be surprised if it did much for frontal protection, but it does seem to have sturdy back armor.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Yes, I have years of experience with Forcefield; it's excellent armor. I wear the PRO L2K Evo back protector and Elite Chest Protector on the race track. For street rides I have a piece that combines those two into one garment, I think it was called the Flite Vest but I can't find it on the website anymore so it must have been discontinued.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Sub-Sonic

I use a Forcefield Level 4.  It is pretty thick, but comfortable and don't notice it.  Have not actually 'tested' it, but is rated as excellent.

dub

Yeah, the Pro Sub 4 is just about the best non-custom back protector you can buy. But it's thick and I can't fit it, and a chest protector, in my suit.

renowingnut

Any thoughts or experience with Knox gear? Forcefield had some good reviews which I am leaning towards but found a lot of good reviews about Knox...now its about price and fitting correctly.

dub

I had a Knox Aegis before the Forcefield. It wasn't nearly as comfortable because it's made of the sliding/articulating plastic pieces. Also the plastic pieces would get caught up on the lining of my suit. The Forcefield stuff is way more comfortable because it's made of the soft flexible armor and it molds to your body when it warms up. I bought the Knox because it was super hyped up. To be honest I think it became so popular because they got in on an aggressive US distributor who pushed it really hard. Not that it's bad, I just think Forcefield stuff is way more comfortable.

renowingnut

Hum interesting. Well I just ordered the Forcefield Pro L2K EVO and see how it goes....then I'll tackle the chest protector....