Main Menu

Roll Call, June 18 scheduled ride

Started by rg500nut, June 17, 2017, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

RG is in to meet group in Carson (Jack's Valley Road) if anyone is going tomorrow.

Confirm 8:30 KSU time if possible...........
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

:afro

It's going to be a scorcher for the next week.  I was hoping it would cool down tomorrow before checking.  We'll want to come back via Tahoe.  Or at least, I think I will be.  You'll probably be in the Mercedes parked in Markleeville.   :P

Meh.  I have some water weight to lose anyway.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

The schedule shows this:
June 18th Markleeville Let's start KSU at 8:30 AM at the bottom of hwy 341/V.C. Hwy Maverik.  So departure time is from S. Reno. 

Due to tomorrow's temps, any takers in jump starting this in CC at 8:30 AM?  If you don't hear otherwise, assume S. Reno departure for doing VC first.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Sorry, but had a setback on my schedule today and cannot make it tomorrow.  May be for the best with temps anyway.  It will be warm after 11:00 for sure.

So, RG is OUT, getting ready for Red Bluff........
2 strokes always...............

Sub-Sonic

In, at least for a potential meetup in Markleeville. 
I will try to leave as early as possible and be in M'ville by 10-10:30 (maps has it taking 3-3.5 hours from this side of the hill).  If you can't wait around or timing is off, don't wait around for me.

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on June 17, 2017, 04:12:24 PM
Sorry, but had a setback on my schedule today and cannot make it tomorrow.  May be for the best with temps anyway.  It will be warm after 11:00 for sure.

So, RG is OUT, getting ready for Red Bluff........
I guess that just leaves the old guards then.

I'll be going on this one.  No need for a tight schedule on morning departure, since we'll have 2 hours to pull into Markleeville.  Meeting Sub-Sonic either there or under the shade tree at the base of Monitor, just up the road.

Sub-Sonic

GreenMachine

Cool!  C U in or around Markleeville.

The temps outside this morning are quite pleasant.  I know it won't last, but it's nice to have at least some portion of the day that feels good.

GreenMachine

The Reno crew made it back.  Thanks for coming along BC and leading on the way back.  That XX rails! 

SubSonic's still on his way home, I imagine.  Gonna have to nickname him Mr. Miles.  :|)

And we Jolie hadn't forgotten us, even after all these years.  She's so friendly.

Sub-Sonic

Nice to ride/hang with you guys today.
temps ranged from ~ 50 on top of Sonora pass to 108 in the valley.
The flood on Sonora pass was up to 18 inches on the way back.  Got behind a Jeep that parted the way, made it easier.
392 miles on the clock, a lot easier to do on this bike
Metal cords showing through on the rear tire.

GreenMachine

I like it when new tires go on the bike.  Always seems to make it feel like it has more stick to the road.  My rear tire is about there too.